• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Archer Space Patrol Base Station

dave s

Aug 22, 2010
Hi

I know nothing about radioing but whilst clearing my late mothers loft I found a toy from my youth.

It's a Archer (Radio Shack) Space Patrol Base Station Transcever with AM Radio. Cat No. 60-4010

The unit itself is in perfect condition. It measures 9 1/2" wide, 4 1/2" high and 4" deep. It has a 24" long telescopic aerial and a clip on mike with a talk button and curly cord.

The box is a little tatty but complete. All of the inner packaging is intact and it still has its user manual.

According to the info it has an AM radio tuner, it can receive all 40 CB channels (27Mhz) and has two way coms with either mike or morse key (49.860Mhz).

I have no idea what this is worth. I cannot find the same unit on ebay or anywhere else on the net.

I am in England so postage would have to be taken into consideration.

Anyway, here are some photo's. Not the best photography but I've just taken them at 9:30pm and its dark here so I've had to use room lighting so its a longer exposure. I'll perhaps get some better shots tomorrow.

unit.jpg

set.jpg

Feedback please.

Dave.

Reactions: BBI and Tallman

I must say that $115 does seem a lot and of course a seller can ask what he likes, it doesn't mean it will sell.

There was one of that type that actually sold after 8 bids last week for $48.77 (+$15p&p).
Archer Space Patrol CB with Microphone and Power - eBay (item 170524878779 end time Aug-15-10 19:09:57 PDT)

Probably nearer the value although neither of these appear to have their boxes.

They are slightly different to mine as well, I think they may be a newer model (mine is marked 1978) because they have a 'power supply' facility; I don't think they look as good either.

Anyway, if any of you are interested post or PM me, I'm not looking for a life changing fortune but I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it.

As I've said in another thread; there's no point me putting it on eBay yet because it will only be seen in the UK and the market appears to be the USA.

Dave

Oh man does that bring back memories of the late 1960's / early 1970's...
One of our locals bought the Space Patrol Radio Shack CB Radio and a 1/4 wavelength Droupy Drours ground plane antenna all from Radio Shack. Had to speak into the speaker and press the PTT switch on the front of the radio.

The poor guy did hours and hours of radio checks, very entertaining. Got mad at the channel 15 crowd and took a can opener to his channel 15 transmit crystal, many times. Blue Jay was his handle. It wasn't me.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert just down the road ah ways from the fillin station.

Hi

I know nothing about radioing but whilst clearing my late mothers loft I found a toy from my youth.

It's a Archer (Radio Shack) Space Patrol Base Station Transcever with AM Radio. Cat No. 60-4010

The unit itself is in perfect condition. It measures 9 1/2" wide, 4 1/2" high and 4" deep. It has a 24" long telescopic aerial and a clip on mike with a talk button and curly cord.

The box is a little tatty but complete. All of the inner packaging is intact and it still has its user manual.

According to the info it has an AM radio tuner, it can receive all 40 CB channels (27Mhz) and has two way coms with either mike or morse key (49.860Mhz).

I have no idea what this is worth. I cannot find the same unit on ebay or anywhere else on the net.

I am in England so postage would have to be taken into consideration.

Anyway, here are some photo's. Not the best photography but I've just taken them at 9:30pm and its dark here so I've had to use room lighting so its a longer exposure. I'll perhaps get some better shots tomorrow.

unit.jpg

set.jpg

Feedback please.

Dave.

DO NOT let Trump see it! He will confiscate it for the communications for the SPACE FORCE!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.