• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

As time permits today/ 27.365 LSB

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I will be in and out of the shack today, but I will have the radio on 27.365 Lower Side Band to see if there are any conditions into Cen Cal.
CDX 339
Charlie Delta Xray 339.
I Am listening now.

Jeff

Whats this?

Monitoring 38 and 39 LSB today, July 7th, 2010..... All day!

I'll be using my ancient Cobra 135 with D104 base mike.... :w00t:

73 mechanic aka unit 506

Excuse my dumbness, but whats all this mean? I am new and learning had to ask. Whats LSB? My new cobra 142 has that and USB and I have no idea what thats about.. I am pc man, and I dont see a usb port anywhere on this radio..Also has the hidden channels ect... But I had to ask sorry plz dont flame me for this

USB = Upper Sideband
LSB = Lower Sideband

SSB = Single Sideband (can be either USB or LSB).

USB ≠ Universal Serial Bus

Thanks.. I wasnt subscribed to this thread and just saw you replied.. I Finally got my 142 Gtl going..And experimented with both upper and lower and using the tune you can "tune in" and hear, Someone told me there is less bleedover if these are used as well

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.