• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Balun (Matching Network) for 5/8 Lambda

bejo

member From Indonesia
Jan 3, 2010
Malang, East Java - Indonesia
Dear Senior member or all member, Iam From Indonesia (Malang - East Java)

iam allready make 5/8 vertical antenna with radial 1/4 lambda (4 radial), iam working in 27.305.00 Mhz USB.
Length antenna (5/8) = 6.52 meter
Length Radial (1/4) = 2.61 meter

iam used coil for loading 11 Turn with dia meter turn 1 1/4 " (cu wire 1.2 mm) and tap on 6 turn for matching,

but iam can't get lower VSWR , now iam get VSWR 1:2.5 (near to red) iam allready change tap for matching but can't get lower VSWR

any advise for me (new member) please help me...

Thanks for your kind attention

Sorry for my english

Dear Rob KI6USW Rob KI6USW

Thanks for your response,

for high ground antenna is : 4 meter for ground (earth) but 2 meter from our top my house (Concrete).

and for my radial is horizontal , we use all material allumunium except balun we use Copper wire 1.2 mm

and for large metal i thing is no near large metal object

we allready see .64 homebrew but not yet trial. for Uses aluminum loop to tune.

is same length for inner 5/8 lambda (6.52 meter) ?

and how about radial system, i want make by horizontal radial (4 radial) is no problem ? (i am allready have bracket for horisontal radial)

http://www.worldwidedx.com/home-brew-mods/38300-64-homebrew-temporally-finished-up-pics.html

This article shows a 5/8 lamda antenna.

If you can angle your aluminum ground planes downward; it should lower your SWR!

If you build an aluminum loop for your antenna; it will have better transmit and receive than a matching coil will.

You can use most of the materials you already have.

The vertical section that you have should be the same length, and the radial elements are the right length.

Dear Mr Rob KI6USW

ok i will try with alumunium loop , iam planing on week end to change the coil matchint to Alumunium loop.

iam plan to use Tube alumunium 6 mm for alumunium loop is ok ?

by the way you ask to me to change angle alumunium ground downward from horisontal,
can you share or explain to us for different from Horisontal Ground with ground planes downward (example 45 degree) , is influence for transmit and Recieved ? or for local and DX Transmit and recieved ?

The angle of the ground planes will affect the SWR when they are moved at a downward angle - yes..

The article showed them at 45 degrees - not horizontal.

Read the link I posted.
Those pictures explain it all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.