1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Being Southern

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by mackmobile43, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

Southern FOLKS know their summer weather report:
    Humidity
    Humidity
    Humidity
    Southern FOLKS know their vacation spots:
    The beach
    The rivuh
    The creek
    Southern WOMEN know everybody's first name:
    Honey
    Darlin'
    Shugah
    Southern WOMEN know the movies that speak to their hearts:
    Fried Green Tomatoes
    Driving Miss Daisy
    Steel Magnolias
    Gone With The Wind

Southern FOLKS know their religions:
    Baptist
    Methodist
    Football

Southern FOLKS know their cities dripping with Southern charm:
    Chawl'stn
    S'vanah
    Foat Wuth
    N'awlins
    Addlanna

Southern WOMEN know their elegant gentlemen:
    Men in uniform
    Men in tuxedos
    Rhett Butler

Southern girls know their prime real estate:
    The Mall
    The Country Club
    The Beauty Salon
    Southern girls know the 3 deadly sins:
    Having bad hair and nails
    Having bad manners
    Cooking bad food

Only a Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a conniption fit, and that you don't "HAVE" them,
    you "PITCH" them.
    Only a Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc., make up "a mess."

Only a Southerner can show or point out to you the general direction of "yonder."

Only a Southerner knows exactly how long"directly" is, as in:
    "Going to town, be back directly."
    Even Southern babies know that "Gimme some sugar" is not a request for the white, granular, sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl in the middle of the table.

All Southerners know exactly when "by and by" is. They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.

Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad.
    If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large banana puddin'!

Only Southerners grow up knowing the difference between "right near" and
    "a right fer piece." They also know that"just down the road" can be 1 mile or 20.

Only a Southerner both knows and understands the difference between a redneck, a good ol' boy, and po' white trash.

No true Southerner would ever assume that the car with the flashing turn signal is actually going to make a turn.

A Southerner knows that "fixin" can be used as a noun, a verb, or an adverb.

Only Southerners make friends while standing in lines, .... and when we're "in line", we talk to everybody!

Put 100 Southerners in a room and half of them will discover they're related, even if only by marriage.

In the South, y'all is singular, all y'all is plural.

Southerners know grits come from corn and how to eat them.

Every Southerner knows tomatoes with eggs, bacon, grits, biscuits, and coffee are perfectly wonderful; that red eye gravy is also a breakfast food; and that fried green tomatoes are not a breakfast food.

When you hear someone say, "Well, I caught myself lookin'," you know you are in the presence of a genuine Southerner!

Only true Southerners say "sweet tea" and"sweet milk." Sweet tea indicates the need for sugar and lots of it -- we do not like our tea unsweetened. "Sweet milk" means you don't want buttermilk.

And a true Southerner knows you don't scream obscenities at little old ladies who drive 30 MPH on the freeway.
    You just say,"Bless her heart"... and go your own way.

To those of you who are still a little embarrassed by your Southerness: Take two tent revivals and a dose of sausage gravy and call me in the morning, bless your heart!

And to those of you who are still having a hard time understanding all this Southern stuff.....bless your hearts, I hear they're fixin' to have classes on Southernness as a second language!

Southern girls know men may come and go, but friends are fahevah !

Now Shugah, send this to someone who was raised in the South or wish they had been! If you're a Northern transplant, bless your little heart, fake it. We know you got here as fast as you could.

2 people like this.

2. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

Give me grits Country ham and an egg over easy and some biscuts and I am a happy feller!!

Folks up here in Milwaukee dont know what a grit is much less Country ham!!!!:censored:

3. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

and BTW a country ham will come in a burlap bag not plastic!!!

4. mackmobile43

Yep and after you cut it out of that bag and fry up sum you can take the drippins stir in a little coffee and there's sum good dippin for that ham.

5. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

Been too damn long from red eyed gravy.

Too damn long!!!

6. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

Oh you fogot one Mack

Mixin rice, sausage, and red beans, Is just fine too!

Well real sausage that is.

Damn I love Bojangles.

7. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Forgot stewed to'maters also

8. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

hey wave

They are just maters...

A watermelon is a pisspunkin

A cantaloupe is is punkinlope

A chicken is a barnyard pimp

A potato is a tater

A woman that knows these things can cookem and clean is priceless

9. pro151

pro151 KB4RMA

Excellent post! (y)

10. 6.0 Liter

6.0 Liter Coax abuse???

Good stuff, I grew up in South Mississippi, now I have married a yankee who has turned southern and loves it!

11. mackmobile43

I grew up on the other end of that state and married a Colorado woman who loves fried green maters and she makes me nanner puddn.(y)

12. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I like the barnyard pimp thing, Those roosters are the most untruthful birds I ever observed. They will scratch at the ground, cluck and cluck, the old hen will lean forward put her head to the ground to see what the rooster is making all the noise about and then WHAM, that old rooster will grab a hold of that hens neck and everyone knows "The rest of the story" to quote the late great Paul Harvey.

Oh another Southern favorite is Lima Beans and rice.

13. 6.0 Liter

6.0 Liter Coax abuse???

14. unit_399

unit_399 EL CAPO

When Southern folk answer the phone they say, "Hey", and they end every sentence with the word "thare".

15. Superidgit

Superidgit Active Member

Yea we keep it simple. Better then our norther neighbors hey now thare hey.