• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best beam DX antenna???

best beam dx antenna ?

I would go with the m108 flatside. I used this same antenna for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. I live on a pretty good sized hill and get lots of wind. I used a tailtwister rotor and it seemed to hold and turn it fine. I still have basically the same antenna up except I added another 20 foot piece of boom to it and 2 more flatside ellements. Now it is on a 60 foot boom and has 10 elements. If you want something for local listening and talking add a ground planre like a antron 99 to the top of it. Hope this helps, Mike.

If you need the beam for mostly just DXing then the 108 H will do you just fine.
Then if you want both Vert. & Horz. then go with the other one.

I myself would just go with the 108 in the horizontal, less troubles and easier to work with.

Cubical Quad.Lower takeoff. Little more gain over quad I would think be the best. Harder to keep running for sure. Yagi like you have listed much less headaches.

They use a full wave of wire for each element in a cube shape. Look at Signal Engineering beams. Wire is not as strong as Yagi elements.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated