• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best long distance mobile antenna?

DX-Viking

May 14, 2005
Sweden, Scandinavia
www.sweden.se
Witch is the best mobile antenna, if the distance have top priority? The 102" stainless steel whip or glassfiber whip like SIRIO DV27L or a small base-antenna SIRIO THUNDER 27 (!) at the car roof. Or any other suggestions?

http://www.sirioantenne.it/prodotti_ant.php?idc=1008171241&idg=1008171169&idp=64[/b]

What do you mean by distance? I've talked thousands of miles with conditions, barefoot w/no conditions on co- phased 3.5 ft. firesticks 40 miles on S-9. I've talked to Aussie's from Oregon on mag s-9 with Francis 8'ft (cb50). The sad part some company by the name of valour or maybe bejorn bought "Francis" one of the finest antennas ever made, out. So they aren't in production anymore. That is just my opinion. All good things come to an end! :twisted: :bounce

a good rule of thumb is that you want to avoid loading if you can. if you do have to load, i prefer center loaded and top loaded antennas.

i believe there is evidence for this but like anything else, it is disputed anyway.

Another antenna that has been getting good reviews is Astatic 1k and the 3k linear load(64"). Premere electronics $45.77 shipped to your door. Compares to predator 10k :bounce 73's DX-Viking!

astatic 3K

You gotta be kidding me!! That Astatic 3K is the biggest disapointment for antenna that I have come across. Did test with 4040 and he lost something like 2 to 3 S units as compared to the 10K. I am running a 20 in. bottom shafted dual coil on the big rig. The set screws for the whip are to small and shallow, and it is a heavy antenna. It was tuned with MY MFJ 259B. Didn't tune as well as the 10K either. Great ad hype though.

I cant belive some of y'all think these antennas are the best for DX!

Dont wast your time and money with these, go with the best...Predator 10K...You can have one shipped right to your door, in the UK also.

Each one is hand made in Texas, by Kale Cavel. And everyone know's that "Everything's bigger in Texas! :!: "

email Kale @, cowtown10k@msn.com
Tell him "JesseJamesDallas" sent ya! And bet he will make you a hell of a deal... ;)

Running power, or bearfoot, you will see a big difference useing the 10K...

i have 3 new 10K dual-coil (big deal) penetrators for sale
if anyone wants a deal on them contact me. they're new
pulls from trucks that were replaced with better antennas.
i'll let them go for 80 cents on the dollar, shipping is extra.

if you're driving a tractor-trailer and want something better
in an antenna system i have what you're looking for.

Contact Me

best while mobile is my 27" 10k, best while parked dxing is my 1" diamater copper tube, i would like to try the 4 francis antenna thing freecell talks about.

I believe it is where, what type or mount, and what type of vehicle you are driving. If height is not a problem in an 18 wheeler I would think a 27 inch 10K or a similar Coily or the like would work well. If height is a problem a good quality top loaded fiberglass antenna that freecell has been talking about in the past makes lots of sense. I would stick with the Van Ordt Powersticks, Skipshooters, or Tigers. I believe Freecell has used the Powersticks with very good results in the past. Good Luck, Ben

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated