• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Black Al Capone or 55 Antenna????

Brotherman said:
I'm trying to decide between 2 capone antenna's or a 2 55 antenna's to run dual hots on my pickup truck, what would you recommend other than a 10k?

I already have a 10k and want something different to try!

Go with the 55 antennas.. A lot better then the 10k.. Been there and done that..

King Mudduck said:
I doubt you will find anything better than a 10K. I have heard of the antennas and seen a few but have never used one my self. Although i do have a few friends that have used them in the past.

.......now they use 10K's!

I guess you don't own a field strength meter :roll:

See, now this is the info I was looking for! :D I guess the 55 it is then! Thanks guys!

Heres link to a pic of an al capone antenna which I got from this site.

www.torrent-lab.com/radios/AlCaponetrammount.jpg

I know he makes different models, not sure which one this is. He also makes a killer T antenna which a buddy of mine runs on a big truck with a 16 pill. I have his phone number, I've heard his prices are high compared to everybody else.

with out a doubt runnin two hots go with the 55's or another choise would be the bad boys. i have tried them both and like the bad boys a little better. but you won't go wrong with the 55. 55's & bad boy antennas put 10k's to sleep to get above the average antennas these are the way to go. heck a single capone blows away 10k's how many on the bowl run 55's,bad boys or capones and how many run 10k's. :twisted: :twisted:

heh I have a few friends including me running black Capones and won't change to anything other.....

2 driving 8
2 driving 8 driving 24
and the bigger one
2 driving 8 driving 16 into a 32 pill :)

we talk superbowl all the time :)

how many on the bowl run 55's,bad boys or capones and how many run 10k's. ...lol 10k's on the super bowl....not many!!!

Brotherman said:
Why do you say you like the bad boys better?
got my bad boys to tune out better, swr's and less reflect with my set up. puck mounts and same length coax just change antennas. seems also i just do better at key downs with the bad boys. but again you won't go wrong with the 55's. capones are great too but seem the 55's & bad boys work better when runnin 2 hots. :evil: :evil:

lords said:
heh I have a few friends including me running black Capones and won't change to anything other.....

2 driving 8
2 driving 8 driving 24
and the bigger one
2 driving 8 driving 16 into a 32 pill :)

we talk superbowl all the time :)

how many on the bowl run 55's,bad boys or capones and how many run 10k's. ...lol 10k's on the super bowl....not many!!!
yup just ask some of the ol'e time key down kings on the bowl about a 10k i know i get the same thing " what is that" 55's,bad boys & black al capones rule. :p on 10k :p

There is no where to buy a al capone antenna any where....I have looked.....If you know where to get one post a # or web page please...

Peace Yota

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated