• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning Golden Eagle Mark 111

Dirty Diaper

Aug 23, 2010
S.C.
Hi, DD here, I would like some tips, advice, pictures, on the Browning Golden Eagle Mark 111. I have various problems with mine. Too high of a DK, need info on hooking up a freq counter to the receiver, by going inside the radio, etc. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. J.T.

Too high of a dead key usually means someone jumped over the ceramic wire wound resistors in the power supply or modulated B+ line. There is at least one frequency counter on the market that uses dip switches inside to set the displayed frequency so it matches the operating frequency. I've connected them to the VFO on the Trams before so it's almost certain it can be done on the Browning.

Browning Golden Eagle Mark111

Thanks for the help. I will look for one of those. DD

Attachments

• browning_golden_eagle_mark_ii.jpg
    browning_golden_eagle_mark_ii.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 54

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?