• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

CB BANDPASS Filter?

cralt

Jun 29, 2012
Connecticut mobile
No I haven’t had a need yet. I did some A/B testing and didn't see any difference in the noise floor. I just got it because I like to have these types of things on hand incase the need comes up. This will be the ticket if I get back in to HF. I can leave a dedicated 11m rig setup with it's own antenna and not have it get blasted by my ham rig.

My mobile problems are mostly licked with just far-rites.

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
Ya well your Pete has a lot more going on then my crank windows jeep ;)

I don’t even have LED lighting.

Yes. I figured that to make life easier on the receiver would be worth trying.

Not all interior (truck-based) noise sources are dimmed, but the space between the trees did become clearer.

Thank you (very much) for contributing that for which I have not the means (test equipment verification).

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
(Bumped for interest).

FWIW, I’ve installed/removed/re-installed the 411cb several times and it is always a help in the big truck I used it in cutting receive noise (S-Unit) during periods of quiet on AM-19.

Last edited:
Reactions: 86lidewell

Slowmover

BANNED
Feb 17, 2015
Where the West Begins.
I experimented with several “grounding solutions” for the BPF. Both ends combined in a long run of braided weave to a single point worked (big truck mobile). Might seem unremarkable, but space constraints were awful.

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Struggling to see the point. If you want to talk on 11 meters with a radio that has ham radio features .... then just get a ham radio and use it on 11 meters. Want echo and roger beeps? Then use a desk mic with echo and roger beeps. Putting $500 into a Cobra 29 to beef it up with extra features just seems goofy

Reactions: Crawdad

dave457

Jan 3, 2009
I don't see why not..... People are already spending 1k for d-rail or a fine tune 955
But I agree it is goofy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
  • @ kb9ghn:
    My first thought was the i.r.s. may be interested in a long term money making scam without proper taxes being paid..probably more than electronics involved.
  • @ Toll_Free:
    My first thought was why hasn't someone paid him a visit. I mean, his address is posted above.
  • @ beakster1715:
    Good news! I opened an appeal case after eBay sided with superhawkwss6. I also opened an IC3 case & sent that information to eBay. Within an hour they responded, reversed their decision and returned all of my money. Unfortunately, superhawkwss6 stole my CB radio and eBay will likely not suspend or close his account, but rather allow him to continue his criminal activity. I think I'll still file a report with our sheriff's dept (the sheriff is a friend of mine) though I know this type of crime isn't worth their time. This guy needs to be stopped and I'm certainly going to do my best to make that happen.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Evening!