• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio shops in NJ in the 70's 80's & 90's

Feb 22, 2011
How many cb radio shops can you remember in central and souther nj from back in the 70's 80's & 90's. Can you remember the service that you got from the techs names & shops of the old days? That's an interesting thought considering how few there are nowadays. "313"

Sparky's in Old Bridge NJ. At one time he had a Wilson Super Lazer 500 on a 60 foot tower. He ripped my off by selling me a dead final for my Pace 1000B back in 1977. I got another from I.E.I. in Keyport that did the trick. A real scumbag move. He got busted bt the FCC a few years later.

Earls "Electronics" Always heard him on the air telling his customers how good there stuff sounded. They all sounded like they were talking through a kazoo!

hey im in nj and for your cb needs visit radio ready exit 18 rt.295 tv man is really good there he worked for dave making dave made amps for like 10 yrs i think before dave got out of it

I need to find someone in north west nj. or even eastern pa

I don't know if he's still around, but at exit 5 in Maybrook, New York on the road to the TA travel center, there's a guy called Bladerunner who I heard over the years does some work on them. Not sure as I said, if he's still around or not. CB repairmen are a dying breed. It's a shame too.

By far the best radio tech it's ever been my pleasure to deal with was Mark Radio which was located in the basement of a private home in Fords, NJ. As a teenager in the early-mid seventies used to marvel at the Hallicrafter Cyclones and Comanches that we're popular at the time. He sold just about every popular line and was especially skilled when it came to Brownings. I recall my family purchasing several radios from him over the years. It was a sad day when he closed shop.

By far the best radio tech it's ever been my pleasure to deal with was Mark Radio which was located in the basement of a private home in Fords, NJ. As a teenager in the early-mid seventies used to marvel at the Hallicrafter Cyclones and Comanches that we're popular at the time. He sold just about every popular line and was especially skilled when it came to Brownings. I recall my family purchasing several radios from him over the years. It was a sad day when he closed shop.

I used him to get my base antenna and coax. he was great to deal with,and very informative. I think he may have been the one to peak my navaho base as well.

I used him to get my base antenna and coax. he was great to deal with,and very informative. I think he may have been the one to peak my navaho base as well.

I believe the gentleman's name was George Marklin, he held a advanced class amateur license and encouraged me to get my novice ticket which I did back in the seventies, he even gave me my first practice key that I kept for years.

I believe his son took over the business for a short while after serving a hitch in the Navy, he knew his stuff but nowhere near the OM. He carried quite a few unique items recalling a full Demco Super Satellite base station. He was one of those old time techs who would tell the truth about a radio prior to purchase. I remember once someone was insistent on purchasing a DAK X which he carried due to demand spending twenty-minutes trying to persude the guy that it was a lousy radio, all show, no go!

I also purchased a Cushcraft Squalo which was hich was an omni-directional horizontally-polarized antenna from him, shot allot of skip on that antenna and it was allot of fun. George is sorely missed the closest reliable CB shop I have today is almost a hours drive away.

Was the guys name George by any chance?? If so I helped him put that antenna up in the mid to late 70's. If were talking about the same guy he's in Monroe Twp very clsoe to the Old Bridge border

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.