• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Classic story I just gotta tell

T

TonyV 225

I baught an antron 99 lastweek with the groundplane kit well it was shipped and when i opend it there was no collar to hold the groundplanes and the wrong hardware was there. Ok heres the best part I call tell them my problem they appologize and tell me were gonna send your parts out . I get an email monday that says they shipped it and it should be here thursday. Well i look at the shipping weight and it says 6 pounds!!! I was like what the???? I look at the first shipping confirmation and that weight was 8 pounds. I told my wife that this is way to heavy for a few peices of hardware and said i was willing to bet they sent a whole new antron with groundplane kit. well weds a ups comes i new it was the antenna peices it was in a larger box i get it in the house and sure enough they sent a whole new antenna i open the antron box and got the collar great i needed that but i could see someone opened the bag and TOOK THE HARDWARE OUT!!!!! Well I told my wife i can handle this ill go to the hardware store and get what i need besides i dont wanna call them again because i dont need a 3rd antron 99 LOL.

I also noticed that the shipping weight on the second antenna was less than the first??? How could that be when there was an extra halfpound or so with that collar in the box. Is there scalethat unstable when they weigh this stuff??? Can anyone guess which company did this??? Im curious as to who would guess it I like the company ive delt with them forabout10 years and have had a few incodents with them double charging a card giving me wrong amounts for cod which resulted in wasted money for second money order for a few centsLOL and sending the wrong item and once a malfunctioning item. Im thinking though now im gonna go with A1 Telecom and stay away from this other company. I made out ok this time I guess but need to contact solarcon and get a collar for the other antennas groundplane kit or clean my old one up. Anyways I got a kick out of this whole deal I just shook my head and my wife says i shouldnt deal withj them anymoreso well see. I am curious to see how many people hit the nail on the head in which company it was. You all have a great day......Tony......

</p>

Yes A1 and amps have a long history. Sam the owner got hit hard a few years back. He knows how to make money no reason to even have the risk. PM me what amps your looking for I can help.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.