• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax

R

RollingRadios

LMR200 or 240 DD. 200 is rg58 good for I think 500w contin. and 240 rg8x good for 1.0kw

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

Make sure when you put ends on to scuff the center condictor of the coax and the insside of the PL tip. Thes solid centers are slick and can work loose from the solder easily.

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

good point RR. i've always used some solder flux on the

center conductor and the pl-259 tip to be sure of a good solid

solder connection.then i will also scrape the residue and flux

tarnish from the tip(of the 259) after soldering the connection.

SLIM

slimsig.gif
</p>

If you really dont run any power, Do you need to run the bigger coax ? What advantage is the bigger coax over the smaller coax ? Getting ready to lower the tower and start the antenna project and trying to decide on coax. I have 3810 which is the LMR 400 hooked to the I10K and was wondering if it really makes that much differance. I would prefer the smaller just for the fact its easier to work with.

Thanks all, Jim

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated