• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 LTD NO TX/RX

DT

May 8, 2007
The radio work`s. The radio will key up but will not modulate. And it will not receive. Hope someone can help me with this problem. Thank`s.

I know this is a 5 year old post, but DT did you ever get it figured out?

I have a Cobra 29 LTD Classic from April 2003 sitting on my table, that I acquired with a stack load of radios. At first it TX'd and RX'd fine. Then today it decided to not RX at all.

When I went to TX, the needle moved backwards a little but no TX. At the time I had the radio plugged up to an external SWR/power meter and the meter did not show any dead key or modulation, albeit the TX/RX led changed from yellow-green to red.

It still works ok on the PA side. I even tried a few different mics but no dice.

Then I unplugged the radio and tried it again 10 minutes later, and it magically started working right again.

What gives?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.