• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 wx nw st mods

Snack Man

Sep 18, 2006
can somebody help me find a site with detailed instructions on the various possible mods for this radio and also i was wondering if someone could send me schamatics for the radio as well as how to build my own roger beep.

thx

hey Snack dude ? your 29 is basically a 29 with a few extras other then that ,it's basically the same as any other 29 , you should find what you need right in this section of threads. Anymore questions , feel free to ask.

thank u so much for helping me, just lemme make sure i am understanding what your saying, according to you, mods for a cobra 29 ltd or cobra 29 classic or a cobra 29 gtl will work on my cobra 29 wxnwst?

as far as I know , yes . You can just check the numbers to the numbers you will find in the mod's you might find. if things should not look the same to you ? just keep asking questions before you attempt to do anything. :)

I have a 29 wx nw st, and yes, all the mods I have done to it were from the 29 classic and gtl etc mod pages. Everything I have done from swing kits to the final upgrades all worked great

Best mod I ever did on my 29 with weather band was disable the weather band! LOL. The damn weather kept bleeding in the background on AM. I tried a bunch of different ways to filter it out, but finally said F it!

This is good to know. I have a "Cobra wx nw st sound tracker night watch" on the shelf that some one gave me. Looks like brand new. How much of a name do they have to put on a radio? :D

Really I am thinking of using this radio as a bench test radio. Add varible power, expand the frequency, ect. Untill I find me a good ssb rig.

Well, just opened this one up to check out the PLL chip.

This is what I found on the chip:
Cobra
29LTD 0445
11600-00

New one on me. Seems things has changed over the past few years.
I remember the older ones having the UP2816P and the older 29XLR having the 858.

Goingto have to research this one.

For any future radio purchases I would avoid anything that says SOUNDTRACKER. They are built sub-par compared to older 29's and 25's. I have seen them referred to as Soundcrappers, I'm sure they earned this nickname for a reason.

Wondering if anyone can help me. I am reading these post and understanding some of it. But the queation I have is how I can hear other truckers better.

I have the cobra 29wxnw soundtracker came stock with the truck from Western Star.

I have hear people say they have "motherboard"? and you can hear them from a couple KM away.

How far should away should be normal to hear other Truckers?

Thanks

Hi all yes the soundcrapper can be disabled. Go to the cobra site if ya cant find it. I have it printed out ill have to find it, Ben

I have to ask a dumb question. What exactly does the sound tracker button do anyway? I have a little cobra 25 with sound tracker and when i press the button i dont really notice any difference at all! :glare:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?