• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA CA-72 to REALISTIC NAVAHO TRC-490?

SIX-SHOOTER

ICOM CENTRAL.7610,9100,PW-1,HEIL FIN & HEIL PR-781
Oct 2, 2010
Macclenny,Fla.
I am NEW to this site & I posted this earlier in another forum so EXCUSE the double posting. }:>) I need a wiring diagram(with wire colors)for a COBRA CA-72 to a REAISTIC 5 pin din plug for a REALISTIC NAVAHO TRC-490.ANYBODY have this information I could really use it so I can get my buddy with the REALISTIC NAVAHO to BE HAPPY?

Thanks 73 & GOD BLESS,
SIX-SHOOTER (y)

THe Realistc TRC-490 Navaho is supposed to have the same chassis as the Cobra 148. So, it is capable of a lot of modifications. Any mod for the older 5-pin mic Cobra 148GTL should work on the 490.

Supposed to be Realistic/Navaho best radio.
If it is an 5-pin mic/Cobra 148GTL chassis as claimed - you have a very fine radio - IMO . . .

The CA-72 mic should have the same pinout as the CA-60. But that is a hunch. See if the internal mic wiring doesn't match up to this CA-60 schematic:
http://www.cbtricks.com/mic_manuals/cobra/cobra_ca_60_om.pdf

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.