• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA TRANSCEIVER MK V "JENTEC"

Since you own and use it - amd even have a picture posted; could you also give it a quick review here? Might as well!
How did you find/acquire it?
List the special features and detail them a bit.
Output/ recieve quality
Did it have problems
Background on the 'Jentec' radio

Readers want to know - like me!

26AC148 said:
Hi

This radio I've not had very long. This Mk V was John Nugents own personal radio back in 1996.

It is featured on RIGPIX,YOUTUBE VIDEOS & VARIOUS WEBSITES.

I have another which has a grren display also. 280 Mk V radios were created; only 30 are known to exsist by ownership. The rest are missing.

The radio is a modified Cobra 148 gtl-dx that works really good on tx/rx & all scan functions.

Heres a link to this radio work:

Hope this helps.

YouTube - COBRAWORXSHOPZ JENTEC COBSCAN COBRA TRANSCEIVER MKV TRAILER #6
I thought I would share 26AC148's note to me.
Cool!

COBRA TRANSCEIVER MK V "JENTEC" GREEN DISPLAY

26ac148-albums-26ac148-picture1460-jentec-cobra-transceiver-mk-v-green-display.jpg

hmmmm...when I first saw this I responded "Brilliant !!!" because I've been a fan of John Nugents work for a very long time...(my post disappeared ???!!!???)
Anyway welcome to the forum 26AC148. My question to you is do you work at the cobraworxshop ? The folks there are rumored to have the template and all the parts to build/repair the MK V. I own a 148GTL-DX with the 145106 and PB-010B which is what John started with I think, correct me if I'm off base. The Mk V is definitely King Snake.

3's

YOUR POST DISAPPEARING !

hmmmm...when I first saw this I responded "Brilliant !!!" because I've been a fan of John Nugents work for a very long time...(my post disappeared ???!!!???)
Anyway welcome to the forum 26AC148. My question to you is do you work at the cobraworxshop ? The folks there are rumored to have the template and all the parts to build/repair the MK V. I own a 148GTL-DX with the 145106 and PB-010B which is what John started with I think, correct me if I'm off base. The Mk V is definitely King Snake.

3's

OH I SEE.......IVE KNOW IDEA WHY YOUR POST HAS VANISHED........IM NEW TO THIS FORUM AS YOU KNOW & IT TAKES A BIT OF GETTING USET TOO

IM SORRY YOUR POST HAS DISSAPEARED..........IF IM TO BLAME SOME HOW FOR DELETING YOUR POST BY ACCIDENT IM SORRY FOR DOING SO

NO I DONT WORK FOR COBRAWORXSHOPZ BUT I DO HAVE DEALINGS WITH THEM

COBRAWORXSHOPZ DO HAVE VARIOUS SPARE PARTS FOR COBRA 148 GTL-DX RADIOS & OTHERS ALSO PLUS THEY REPAIR/TUNE UP RADIOS

http://cobraworxshopz.com/

IF YOU GIVE THEM A CALL IM SURE THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR...........CHECK WITH GMT FIRST BEFORE YOU CALL,STEVE WHO WILL KNOW DOUGHT ANSWER THE PHONE DOESNT LIKE TO BE WOKEN UP AT 04.00 GMT..........LOL

YES JOHN NUGENT WAS A GENIUS ! (y)

Last edited:
EMAILS

They also don't bother answering Emails....

EMAILS CAN GET LOST OR BE CLASSED AS SPAM SO THEY MAY NEVER ARRIVE TO THE RECIPIENT AS DELIVERED

COBRAWORXSHOPZ DEAL WITH 100s OF EMAILS EACH WEEK,THERE A SMALL TEAM TO DEAL WITH ALL THE EMAILS & PHONE CALLS EACH DAY

IF YOU SEND THEM EMAIL & YOU HAVE NO REPLY SEND IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO SO OR CALL THEM

COBRAWORXSHOPZ IN MY OPINION ARE THE BEST AROUND BY FAR

Last edited:
4 emails over a month and a half, 3 additional messages through the Egay Shop... I figured they just didn't want to bother with shipping to the USA... Oh well....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated