• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Could Be Very Important For All Of Us

milkman21218

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 12, 2006
Central, Maryland
I think that this could be really important for all radio operators. Ham and CB'er alike. If passed it could make it easier to have an antenna at home.

I think that every member should join in this fight. And contact your Congress Persons to vote for this bill HR-2160. If passed it could be good for everyone who uses a CB or Ham radio. At leasest it's a step in the right direction for antennas at home. Read the story

ARRLWeb: ARRL NEWS: ARRL Grassroots Legislative Action Program Solicits Member Support for HR 2160

Here's the phone numbers to the U.S Capital switchboard. Toll FREE so we can all call in.

Congress/Senate Switchboards:

1-877-210-5351
1-800-828-0498

That proposal has no effect whatsoever on CB'ers or anyone else that wishes to erect antennas/towers. It is aimed at protecting amateur radio stations by addressing the issue of their ability to provide effective emergency communications. No mention of CB whatsoever.

I believe he was trying to rally the CB guys to help with the cause seeing that they could possibly benefit from this by proxy. Still a good cause though.

There were some conversations on a the on 75 meters about this I guess I should have listened in LOL Im sure it will be in my new ARRL email

Something else you might want to think about. If there's a clause in the contract you sign to buy a house which says no towers, antennas, whatever. It won't be affected by this proposed bill, or PRB-1. It's a binding civil contract. Default on a contract and it's you who pays for it. Sorry 'bout that.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.