1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Covid Cooking- Culinary Cuisine

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by Redbeard U812, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 WDX-1030 / U812 South Texas

Time for some nontraditional menu items from your secret stash of hookup recipes. Things you have created by mistake, out of boredom, or it's just what was lying around. Roadkill included. Could be granny's ole recipe. Uncle Pete's Potbelly endeavor. Fireside creations. Anything nontraditional.

This could get interesting

2. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 917 SoCal

Like boot soup?? LOL

3. Redbeard U812

Rahman noodles, sardines, and cheetos. Nuked to perfection.

G GOLLY WAlly, 357magnum and Tokin like this.
  4. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

A fast & favorite breakfast; has to last all day:

1). Black-eyed peas, (cooked to perfection earlier)

2). Two thick strips bacon (not screwed up crisp).

3). Three jumbo eggs; sunny-side up

4). Over two-pieces Texas Toast

5). Pico de Gallo (or similar; to taste) lightly.

Atop several paper plates in a pie tin:
    First toast, then bacon, then beans, then eggs, then chiles.

No muss, no fuss.

6). Accompany with a full pot of
    Chicory Blend COMMUNITY COFFEE

7). Fill thermos with the balance.

8). Cheese, crackers & cooked sausage
    plus a Hershey Bar to take along as dinner.

5. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

It's almost time for poke salad and scrambled eggs....if my wife will stop mowing it down. I'm going to have to build a fence around it or something.

6. Tokin

Tokin The Man With No Shoes

Classic Burger n beans
    Brown a pound of burger, ground venison is best but beef or pork will do.
    Brown till almost crispy drain any grease then add a can of your favorite bushs baked beans and simer for 15 minutes. Garnish with mustard and bubba q sauce.

7. BammBamm

BammBamm Instigators ...173 on the southside.

Let's see...keep in mind I hunt and fish so....Uncle Ben's jambalaya and use either catfish or squirrel meat....Nacho cheese doritos dipped in small curd cottage cheese...and this is a favorite of mine, lay uncooked bacon on wax paper to create a large rectangle then spread ground venison on top and use a rolling pin to flatten it then lay cheddar Jack cheese slices over this and spread BBQ sauce across it ....now using the wax paper roll this into a log and carefully pinch ends close and then place on the cold end or side of a grill (I use a smoker grill) and cook until internal temp of 160 is reached about 1 1/2 hours at 225 degrees on a grill. This can be done in an oven also but add 1 tablespoon of liquid smoke to venison meat and mix well...I use 2 lbs of bacon and 2lbs of venison to feed 3 people with leftovers.

8. autotuner

autotuner Supporting Member

After a few bourbons whatever the hell I can stuff in my face...

9. Redbeard U812

Everything but that damb chicory! You need your tongue scraped. Tree bark ain't no substitute. o_O

10. Redbeard U812

All in, except the liquid smoke. Nasty.

G GOLLY WAlly and 357magnum like this.
  11. Redbeard U812

Gimme some poke and rhubarb, nuthin like toxic vegetables.

12. Redbeard U812

Oh yeah. Could eat 4lb pot of that.

13. Redbeard U812

Tree rat, lonesome dove, onion, bell peppers, and homemade rue. Over biscuts. Now dats gud. Made in Dutch oven over open fire. Takes skill. Don't burn da rue.

BammBamm, G GOLLY WAlly and 357magnum like this.
  14. 357magnum

357magnum Sr. Member

Not a recipe , but Ol' Magnum screwed up Big Time Yesterday ! The dog & I had to make a quick run to town , I pull out on the main road , drive about 1/8 of a mile , out of the corner of my eye I see a Big Doe lying on the side of the road . Got out , checked it , not a bad hit & still warm , dragged it further of the road , took my knife off my belt & slit it's throat , still flowing blood good . I couldn't get the thing in my truck by myself ( damn trucks too high & I'm getting older :LOL: ) , figured I wouldn't be long , come back get my friend that lived right next to it & load it . My guess it was about 130#'s dressed . Quick as a bunny ran down the road , got my stuff & I'm headed up the hill were it was , Wrong ! Damn Animal Control officer passed me on the way down ! :whistle: Got to the spot , my gift was gone ! :mad: Just wonder what was going thru the ACO's head when they saw the throat slit ? Maybe it died by running thru a fence wire ? :LOL: They ain't to bight around here ! But yesterday .... Brighter than Me !:whistle:

G GOLLY WAlly and Slowmover like this.
  15. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Could be d

It was the sunlight reflection from the drool running down your slack-jaw countenance.

That’s the real problem, here. Being hungry, but having to find a way to get “it” home without setting off psychic alarms everywhere.

A thirsty horse might not smell water, but she sure knows when her neighbor has.

A doe? Better set out some squirrels as appetizers (trap) to make the run back down the trail .

Or, having corralled some hungry little dropkick dogs against the day, dress one out, and get Sonny & friend to set up by the road, haggling over the tailgate purchase of same. (The Diversion).

“Fire off” the electric motorcycle to go get that doe back thru the woods.

#15 Slowmover, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020