• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DAK D-104 MICROPHONE WIRING?

SIX-SHOOTER

ICOM CENTRAL.7610,9100,PW-1,HEIL FIN & HEIL PR-781
Oct 2, 2010
Macclenny,Fla.
I am sure PLENTY of you know the answer to this question but here I go.Is the microphone wiring diagram for the DAK MK IX the same as the 4 wire Cobra & many other rigs for an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE or NIGHT EAGLE D-104? Thanks for some QUICK answers because I know they are going to be FAST & CORRECT! :whistle:

SIX-SHOOTER

???????

Astatic (6 wire)
1- White
2- Shield
3- Blue
4- Red
Black- N/C
Yellow- N/C

Dak Mark IX Service Manual

Is that the SAME as the 4 wire COBRA & MANY more wiring? TWO of my D-104's are wired with 4 pin plugs for COBRA & others but wondered if they would need REWIRING for a DAK MK IX without taking the plug OFF to see? :LOL:

Thanks AGAIN,
SIX-SHOOTER

DAK wiring

Well it looks like I'll be keeping the NIGHT EAGLE D-104 as well just for the UNIDEN "WASHINGTON" & I'll REWIRE the GOLDEN EAGLE for the DAK MK IX. Man I was HOPING they would be the same since I needed the CASH for the NIGHT EAGLE.NOW it's a MUST keep! :eek: THANKS AGAIN! I could just rewire the INSIDE of the radio microphone jack to my microphone plug & sell the NIGHT EAGLE!

SIX-SHOOTER

Last edited:
I am sure PLENTY of you know the answer to this question but here I go.Is the microphone wiring diagram for the DAK MK IX the same as the 4 wire Cobra & many other rigs for an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE or NIGHT EAGLE D-104? Thanks for some QUICK answers because I know they are going to be FAST & CORRECT! :whistle:

SIX-SHOOTER
The Dak microphone is not wired the same as a Cobra. There may be another radio that's wired the same but I don't know what it is.

Dak Mark IX Microphone Wiring

Astatic (4 wire)

1- White - Audio
2- Shield - Shield
3- Black - Replay for RX
4- Red - Transmit

IF you can understand this...

1645744538051.png

Their wiring is as follows...

Pin 1 AUDIO
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 TX - Grounds Pin 4
Pin 4 RX/TX switch (Relay coil power)

So, if you were thinking this thru...

You really only need 3 wires - similar to the Galaxy where Pins 1 and 4 are grounded all the time - in this radio - Pins 2 and 3 are "grounded all the time"

So, you can then use

Pin 1 Audio
Pins 2 and 3 Ground / Shield (Short together all the time on JACK of the radio)
Pin 4 RX (out) TX (in)

Just in Galaxy perspective, you have the same wiring - only the plug mirrors Pin 1 and 4 and 2 and 3... As if you were assembling Mic wiring in a mirror - it's upside down flipped.

IF you can understand this...

View attachment 57612

Their wiring is as follows...

Pin 1 AUDIO
Pin 2 Ground
Pin 3 TX - Grounds Pin 4
Pin 4 RX/TX switch (Relay coil power)

So, if you were thinking this thru...

You really only need 3 wires - similar to the Galaxy where Pins 1 and 4 are grounded all the time - in this radio - Pins 2 and 3 are "grounded all the time"

So, you can then use

Pin 1 Audio
Pins 2 and 3 Ground / Shield (Short together all the time on JACK of the radio)
Pin 4 RX (out) TX (in)

Just in Galaxy perspective, you have the same wiring - only the plug mirrors Pin 1 and 4 and 2 and 3... As if you were assembling Mic wiring in a mirror - it's upside down flipped.
Thank you Handy Andy for the info... Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.