• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

delta force

MonsterAudio

Mar 17, 2011
i have a delta force here, and it has alot of white noise in the rx.
even with stations of 5 s units or more, its still in there with them.
has anybody else had this problem? is there something i can change to take that hash out of the rx?

there are so many different things that could be going on here its hard to give you any good advice without knowing more details.

does it happen at every location or only at your house?

is this radio installed in a vehicle? have you tried it in other vehicles?

have you tried it with a different antenna?

is this radio new or used?

has anyone been messing around inside it?

if you unhook the antenna connector, is the noise still there?

is it your power supply?

obviously you can see that some initial testing is required on your part before anyone can possibly answer your question.
LC

All radio have adjustments inside for the receiver section. Locate the tuning points and turn the receiver strength down until the noise level suits your ears.

On every RCI 29xx I've ever had the RX was too hot and needed to be turned down.

If the band is actually quiet and no signals are present, then the meter should be sitting on zero with only light background noise present.

Git yer screwdriver out

All radio have adjustments inside for the receiver section. Locate the tuning points and turn the receiver strength down until the noise level suits your ears.

On every RCI 29xx I've ever had the RX was too hot and needed to be turned down.

If the band is actually quiet and no signals are present, then the meter should be sitting on zero with only light background noise present.

Git yer screwdriver out

Good advise for a tech, bad advise for a novice.

Git yer screwdriver out

Then the next new thread will read: Tried adjusting the receiver in my Delta force, now it doesn't receive at all...any advice?"

That is a tough one - I found that on the DeltaForce radios I owned I liked to adjust the RX section as well for quieter receive.

I found I could lower the noise level without signifigantly effecting the incoming signals. In the end I got them set up just right.

Of course if you aren't familiar with how to adjust the RX section it can be a bit daunting.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.