• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Diesel Shortage East Coast

Keto

Oct 30, 2020
Well I know about the bird flu I've been dealing with it at the egg packing plants for the last 9 years I've been going to them. They transfer that to the other birds so they got to kill them off if they're infected $$$ .
They make us spray our tires even though we've driven 500 miles to get there.

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Just talked to the guy delivering heating oil to my mother in-laws house down the street and asked him what the status was with the diesel shortage. He said its a good thing you got it when you did, there was going to be a huge problem after the election if something isn't done. They supply other delivery outfits and have had to cut them off. They are sending a tanker north to get another load, but right now they are basically out.

I have a small reserve from our old tank in the basement. We got a natural gas furnace several years ago and the full tank was just sitting there. This past summer the tank started to drip, so I pumped it out the basement window, and into 55 gallon drums. So we have that for an emergency. Both of our houses have wood burning stoves that could be used if needed too.

Last edited:

Smokinone

Jun 24, 2020
Southern Nevada
Don't read anything into this, but, I just took a trip through West Texas and their pumps are running, they are what looks like putting in lot new holding tanks and new pumps and most are up and running as well as the obviously older pumps. Saw some drilling as well, and I noticed a ton of vehicles heading off to the oil fields in the AM. Regular gas was 3.09 when I left, however diesel was still at $4 plus.
Not to get political, but we have a government against America(ns)...my opinion.

As an after thought...Isn't diesel the first stage in refining?

Last edited:

Keto

Oct 30, 2020
Diesel here is currently $2.28/litre or $10.35 for an imperial gallon. That translates to about $8.62 for a US gallon equivalent. Home heating fuel is $1.99/litre or $9.04 imperial gallon or $7.52 per US gallon. You guys are STILL LUCKY, despite what you think of fuel prices.
Ouch, sorry bud, that stinks.
Not sure though what is "normal" for the last few years, where you are.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
Diesel here is currently $2.28/litre or $10.35 for an imperial gallon. That translates to about $8.62 for a US gallon equivalent. Home heating fuel is $1.99/litre or $9.04 imperial gallon or $7.52 per US gallon. You guys are STILL LUCKY, despite what you think of fuel prices.
I guess, road diesel here is $6.09 a gallon at our local petroleum supplier, I asked today if they are seeing a shortage of fuel, he said they have no issues getting fuel up here.
They supply fuel to all of the county vehicles here including the Sheriffs department, Roads, Maintenance and Public works so they go through some fuel.
In another month or so you will see some company like Exxon reporting record profits in the billions.........

Yep that's about right.

Jeff

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Here, everything is business as usual. We've got a phillips 66 crude refinery in town, 40 miles north is a Valero refinery and the crude is steady rolling in on trucks or through pipeline from lact units. My job requires me to be associated with both crude refineries, lpg processing plants of which are too many to count and there's no word of slowing down by any means. Matter of fact, new expansion projects are still on and equipment is coming in for scheduled shut downs (turnarounds) for the current fiscal year and the next. Drilling rig numbers are still climbing. In Texas and the gulf there's some of the biggest oil reserves in the world, and that's just Texas, we've got many states with similar capabilities.

It's crazy that you folks in the east coast are going through this, makes absolutely no sense.

Maybe you folks need to just come on down to Texas, the friendly state, the doors are wide open!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    There will be NO FT8 robots running unattended at Bouvet,:ROFLMAO:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    10M BAND.....>28400 SSB .... Always give your full callsign. Listening is the key so be sure we call you before replying. 3Y0J will always listen up (using split) so it will be useless to call us on our transmission frequency.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I like these guys already. :cool: Sounds to me like ROBO callers in ANY Mode will be ignored!!!!(y)
  • @ BJ radionut:
    3Y0J: Update January 29, 2023: Ken estimates Marama should arrive at Bouvet on Monday evening just before sunset. He says he anticipates a good weather window for at least two days then. The team will attempt to move the equipment and supplies onto the island using the zodiac then. They have two zodiacs. They are hoping to accomplish it in those two days. :cool: