• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Different Rules & Regulations?

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
Does the state of West Virginia have different rules and regulations than the rest of the country?

Not mentioning no names but this one guy bugs the crap out of everybody with his key-ups and his noise toys on one certain cb channel everyday. When you ask him to quit he replies that this is his channel and no one can stop him, not even the FCC.

Is there anything we can do about this?

Squelch the QRM out of your receive, Get a directional beam and put him in the null of the pattern, or change frequencies.

You could complain to the FCC but I bet that wont get you anywhere. Be sure to get the guys home address. Maybe you can get the FCC to send him a letter. Good Luck.

BTW, We had a guy here in town that was like that. Not any more. A bunch of us got together and lets just say we took care of it.

Reactions: 1 person
You could complain to the FCC but I bet that wont get you anywhere. Be sure to get the guys home address. Maybe you can get the FCC to send him a letter. Good Luck.

BTW, We had a guy here in town that was like that. Not any more. A bunch of us got together and lets just say we took care of it.

I too have noticed it's very difficult for a guy like this to continue being a pest once the antenna is removed or modified into a non working condition. The proper "conversion" makes for some good stakes to tie your tomato plants up with in the spring.:LOL:

They make great plant stakes.

Last year the wife planted her garden and yes she used my aluminum tubing I had acquired to build antennas with as stakes.

I had to wait until the end of the growing season to get my tubing back.:D

Get his name and address,and call the FCC,but make sure that your stuff is up to snuff...we had one in our area,and we didnt do anything,he was tearing up 28mhz realy bad...so the local hams called them in...hehe...73s de JW

We had one of those around here years ago so we tracked him down using our meters and went to a local flea market and purchased an OLD hand held unit put a set of batteries in it and taped the key down and tossed it into his neighbors gutter on the side closest to his house. It took about 2 days for the batteries to die and when he came back he was a different person after realizing we could have done MUCH worse. Also using a pair of small vise grips to push a needle through his coax and then snapping off the ends as to hide the short in the coax also has proven very effective!:closedeyes:

There was a guy around here who spent a couple days in the hospital for pinning someones coax. I say it served him right. Interfering with a radio frequency doesn't constitute personal property destruction. I tend to look at liars, thieves and trespassers all in the same light.

I wonder how good an old magnetron tube would fix his station if aimed at his antennafor a few minutes

Find someone that is a dead shot with a high caliber scoped rifle. This only works if the jerk lives out in the country BTW. If he is using a beam a couple of well placed shots into the center of the boom and he will have a very funny looking antenna. Or just clip the coax connection at the antenna with a shot or two.

I'm not saying to do this mind you, but antennas have been know to come crashing down in the middle of the night also. The strange part is that they always have a long piece of rope attached to them.

Terry

Destroying or damaging property will not solve the problem, it is a band aid as most likely it will make the problem even bigger after the new antenna or coax is replaced/repaired. Besides it then makes the person who destroyed the property a law breaker.

If the op is a local, which it seems is the situation.

Kill him with kindness, thank him for every rude remark or off color statement he may make. Get all the ops in the area to play along with the game.

As soon as he finds out that his actions really do not get the results that he wants he will stop, or try something new.

Get his address, subscribe him to some religious magazines, put him on the mailing list of religious charitable organizations. Send all the churches in the area written invitations to visit his residence as a lost soul in need of saving.

When he starts his remarks again on the air ask him if he read that in one of the religious magazines you "know" he is receiving in the mail.

You know his address? County tax records will give you the information to find out who owns the property. If he is renting then get a petition up with signatures send it to the owner and inform the owner of how "his" tenant is violating the Federal Communications rules and regulations by such conduct. Felony? Violation of terms of lease agreement? The owner will probably have a discussion with his tenant quickly. Not to mention how poorly it will look allowing a tenant to continue with such activities.

Record his comments, record many minutes of it, copy it to a CD and then sit in front of his house in "his" neighborhood with the doors open or speakers in the back of the truck and play the CD of his remarks for all his neighbors to hear. Hope he does not have any kids in the yard when you start blasting "daddy" cussing on the radio.

Contact the county commissioner, they are elected officials and make your complaint known, let them listen to the recording, then ask them what can be done about it. Might be surprised at the results.

Their is alternatives to destroying or damaging personal property. Two wrongs do not make a right.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.