• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Display on 2950

T

Timex

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I've got a question on the display lighting on an old school 2950.. I just replaced the factory bulbs on the main display with blue LED's (great mod) and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to change the color of the push button lights. The display looks really good, but the orange on the buttons looks....ummmm....less than appealing..LOL...

Thanks in advance,

Eric

timexsig.gif

RCI6300Tb,Xf400Hd,RCI2950(PreDX),TX200,Wilson2k,Rk56

436 Central Florida</p>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I've got a question on the display lighting on an old school 2950.. I just replaced the factory bulbs on the main display with blue LED's (great mod) and was wondering if anyone knew the best way to change the color of the push button lights. The display looks really good, but the orange on the buttons looks....ummmm....less than appealing..LOL...

Thanks in advance,

Eric

timexsig.gif

RCI6300Tb,Xf400Hd,RCI2950(PreDX),TX200,Wilson2k,Rk56

436 Central Florida</p>

What bulbs did you use and voltage?

Does radio shack have them. My display isn't lighting any more but the pad still is, so I was going to atempt to replace both.

Thanks

</p>

What bulbs did you use and voltage?

Does radio shack have them. My display isn't lighting any more but the pad still is, so I was going to atempt to replace both.

Thanks

</p>

How can you get the cool blue bulbs for the display, where do you get those and also, where can i get the cool blue bulbs for the buttons, all help will be nice.

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

How can you get the cool blue bulbs for the display, where do you get those and also, where can i get the cool blue bulbs for the buttons, all help will be nice.

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?