• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX Lately?

T23

Apr 17, 2010
Hey been hearing some DX lately on 38LSB I was wondering if anyone has heard me.

010 on SSB on the east coast of the US.

T23

I have been gettin FL. and Cal. myself and some west virginia and north Carolina.

T23

From CA, I talked to Jamaica @ 1PM/PST. Heard Barbados and Trinidad with no joy/contact.

Talked to practically every state east of the Rocky Mountains on 38 LSB today - since 10AM/PST today. Many states were multiple contacts; well over 100 contacts today alone.

Wow, I not even sure If the operaters I heard could even hear me, I keep hearing someone shouting something about "Worldwide Radio Standing By" from Cal.

And I heard someone from the mohavie dessert aswell, as I said before not sure if I was heard and doubt it aswell.

T23

Wow, I not even sure If the operaters I heard could even hear me, I keep hearing someone shouting something about "Worldwide Radio Standing By" from Cal.

And I heard someone from the mohavie dessert aswell, as I said before not sure if I was heard and doubt it aswell.

T23

Might have been me from CA; can't say for sure. There are a 1/2 dozen World Radio club members in my neighborhood alone.
(Read my signature below)
I heard the coast of VA a few times and called them back thru a gauntlet of QRM ('man-made noise') . . .

What kinda wattage should one be pushing for good skip? and would a preamp help?

T23

What kinda wattage should one be pushing for good skip? and would a preamp help?

T23
I talk to Australia on less than 30 watts.
The antenna is everything; get the best antenna you can afford and put it up as safely and as high as you can.

I use an IMAX; but a 3 element beam is better still...

That is the secret to skip talking

Makes sense... At the time I was on a Wilson "Lil Wil" antenna running barefoot.

T23

After weeks of no skip, I finally heard something for a few minutes last night. Actually had over seven S-units of "noise" and stations calling, too bad I didn't have an opportunity to jump in.

I have been hearing what I think is skip from Mexico lately, its not coming through all that strong...but it is on every channel.

Really? I NEVER get skip on AM....NEVER... on SSB its like I have a direct line to FL. and Cal. So...Go Figure...:w00t:

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated