• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dx99v signal meter

purenrg

Jan 27, 2009
My meter is not falling back until I give the radio a thump with my finger under radio. Are these meters known to go bad, this radio was made around mid 90's

On transmit there is no needle movement, but mod. light does come on. Does this sound like just a meter replacement?

Seems like whatever Asian company was making meters for radios back in those days has a very high failure rate, I have radios much older that the meters are still perfect... Well for whatever reason yes meters from that time period seem to fail fairly often.

Good thing is you should still be able to get a replacement... Call up Galaxy or check Ebay, saw one there the other day for $7.00 with free shipping....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.