• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expo 100 type N

akzo1990

Apr 4, 2005
Arkansas
I have a Realistic TRC-465 that has the PC122 board in it. I have installed the expo 100 kit in it and I am having a little trouble getting the proper frequency to channel relation. The regular channels are fine and the clarifier slides like it should. But the high and low channels seem to be at least one channel off (low 26.525 to 26.965 and high 27.405 to 27.845). I have tried adjusting the trim caps on the expo kit and nothing seems to affect it. Has anyone had this problem with this kit?

Thanks,
ED

after you did the install ,did you let the radio sit for a while before you tried to adjust the channels ? I've done a few of those N Kits on PC-122s and 465s , I did have the problem that you were having only when I tried to adjust the channels asap , but if i waited for an hour or so after the install , then they seemed to zero right in. (I suppose time may vary) those are really decent little radios. N-Kit

Thanks for the reply and no I did not let the radio sit for long before I tried to adjust for proper frequency. This is a very interesting part of the procedure I didn't know anything about. I wonder what the waiting period does as for as the tuning? I only made slight adjustments as to keep from everything being out-of-wack. I have left the radio on now for about a day now maybe it will be possible to tune. It looks like from the link you posted that the kit doesn't really perform to well anyway.

Thanks,
ED

there was more to link Ed ,the N kits work very well !!! IM sure it should work out for you just fine. N kits will dial right in . good luck to you

I installed one of these in a my pc-122 same as 465 basically anyways I only had one complaint that is that you have to adjust the clarifier really slowly or you will be playing a game of chase with the recieve but all in all it works great the radio does need to stit turned on after that kit is installed for it to work properly it may have said that in your instructions.

I just did a transplant from a TRC453 to a TRC465 and all I did was solder the 4 wires, cut a trace,. Wait one hour for warm up and then carefully tune trimmer coils L38 and L13. The coil L13 helped me to lock in the higher frequencies. I turned it clockwise to lock it right up to 27.045. Can L38 helped me lock in the appropriate frequencies on center switch (regular), forward switch (Mid) and Back switch (High). I think the kit I have is an EXPO 100 "N" kit. It must be the original designed one. It has a switch already soldered in place and there are 4 wires. Red, Black, Brown and Orange. I have noticed other expo kits reference different color wires. Go figure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.