• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

External Speaker . . .

crmzendrgone

CB newbie
Nov 29, 2010
M town Arizona
I am not sure if this is the spot for this??

Ok as suggested I practice soldering with some 3.5mm cable and some speaker wire.

I cut open the 3.5mm cable to find it has 3 wires a green, red and yellow well after testing I found the yellow was the ground and the red and green are the supply(?) so I soldered some wire to the green and red FIRST and found that wasn't right then soldered the green and yellow then wired it to a speaker with those quick connects in the back and whah-la I have sound.

Well here is where I am confused. when I plug the 3.5mm in the the ext out on the back of my CB I get NO sound, no static, no talkback. Nothing so why is that??:confused:

For anyone down the road or may searching the web most likely the plug is stereo and the CB EXT out it mono so the difference as suggest by others is seen here in this picture.

30udaap.jpg

The stereo plug should still work, but it may be just a fraction of an inch longer than the mono. Try pulling the mono plug back a bit and see if you get sound at some point.

Use the stereo plug and just use the tip, not the center ring.

Yep, that works for using stereo plug in a mono jack.
BTW also for future reference the mono plugs are called tip/sleeve plugs or T/S for short. The stereo plugs are called tip/ring/sleeve or T/R/S for short. The tip goes to the left channel, the ring to the right channel , and the sleeve is the common ground. In a mono circuit the tip is hot the sleeve is ground.

I am not sure I have made my descriptions clear.

I do not have the mono or T/S plugs(thanks for the 411 Captain Kilowatt)

I have the T/R/S plug.

This is pictures of my work, well that you can see.

24q6e5x.jpg

As maybe you can see in this one I have the grn soldered under the tape to another stretch of wire and the ylw to another. The red is left untouched.

2vl604l.jpg

Now when I plug my CB into the radio AUX in sound only comes from the left so could I have my colors mix maybe or I don't know.

I will try not to set the T/R/S in all the way and see if that does the trick.

Thanks, Josh

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated