• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Fake "May Day" calls

I dont understand what a non-existant freq. is but I do know what a fake mayday call will do.I retired from the Coast Guard and lost four of my friends who answered a fake may day call, on there way in from searching for 6 hrs. they encountered heavy seas and there 41 FT UTB pitch pulled and sank all 4 were lost.I hope they catch em.

All i can say is..

if there was no Distress and they made Emergency call..
i sure hope they are caught and have book thrown at them..

it is stupid..
it also kills those who attempt to help..

it is bad enough those who help at times die themselves in attemping to help those in distress..
to have others die in a fake call is un forgivable

Later

ok time to throw my nickel in. illegal 10 meter radio's, trucker son ham freq. hams on cb freqs. this is the first real valid thing i have really seen in here, this crosses all lines on ALL bands. this is the kinda stuff the is bottom of the barrel in the radio hobby. i hope they catch em and they get a transmitter shoved up their arse!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated