• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Famous people on the cb?

bushwacker

Jul 19, 2005
Northern Alberta Canada
Just wondering if anyone has ever talked to anyone famous on the cb over the years-- I've hear a few stories-- one that comes to mind is a guy I know talked to Johnny Cash back in the early 80's-- he was driving down the highway talking to the driver of Johnny Cash's bus-- after talking for many a mile the driver told him who was on the bus-- since they were in the same vicinity my friend was actually able to see the bus-- long story short Johnny Cash came on the mic for a minute.
I've heard a couple of stories like this from the old timers.
Back in the 80's a local in my city actually was able to get ahold of Jack Cruesto's (spelling?) boat the Calipso out on the Pacific ocean -- Jack Cruesto wasn't on board but he did talk to the first mate of the boat for quite a while on the vertical side of his Lazer.
I've heard others but these ones I don't doubt and think they are true.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has any stories about talking to anyone famous on the CB?

CORRECTION--- just talked to my buddy in town and he didn't talk to the captain of the Calypso-- he talked to the first mate-- so I just made that correction in the post-- it was the first mate he talked to not captain

I talked to Leann Rime's father Wilber. Found out his father-in-law is a nieghbor that sold Leann her Custom coaches that he puts together from sem-trucks.

most famous person on cb

the most famous person on the cb is "Black Jesus" He's always watching lol
:LOL:

All can ne legions within there own minds......IM just glad I only have my own to deal with. Black Jesus ? Alrighty then.

Great topic,i have talked with a maratime mobile near New Caledonia,South Pacific who was part of the film crew for a TV movie called "The return of gilligans Island"
IF i remember right this was back in late 80's when DX was rolling and they created quite a pile up,ah the old teaberry stalker xx days.

The father and son of Orange County choppers.They were south on 77 thru NC going down fancy gap.I got on the radio and told paul sir,to stop giving his boys such a hard time.He had a few choice words for me(he's a trip!) and not to long after his son got on and said "he's really not that bad".One of the Judds in Kanas city and a few of the members of Alabama got on the radio while there driver was putting fuel in the bus at a truck stop and sang us a Christmas song,(i got stuck out and did not make it home that year)i think that was IL.

I know a local ham that insists that he talked to the Queen of England in the 70's and got a QSL card.

this doesn't count, but there is a local here that is the step father of a sort-of famous acter. he raised him since he was a kid though so he is more of a father.

John Corbett

Never heard him on a CB. never will!

not on topic but there a quite a few famous hams. Marlon Brando was one, (now deceased) and King Hussein of Jordan was quite active (now deceased). Many others

Lineareone,
Well as much as I'd like to say that it is..... unfortunately it's not. That truck belongs to a guy in NJ the truck has some awesome detail work on it I've seen pics of it when he bought it new and had it all torn apart. I had a Peterbuilt something simular to that when I ran the coast and a stainless steel trailer like that also. You live by Rock Tavern thats cool to bad Paul and the boys act like that.... they got a real good thing going there. I like the Avatar!!!!

its from a movie-- Maximum over drive or something-- or some movie like that-- i usually use it on all the muscle boards or wherever I belong to-- not usually on any cb boards I belong to-- I been using it for years and I just realised that these flash type avatars can be used here--
Its not real, just a movie clip
I can change it if it really bothers anyone and go back to the Godzilla avatar

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.