• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FBI now helping the FCC

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Wow, the FBI was called in to help on this guy.

Here's something I stumbled across while looking for a local repeater frequency. The guy that got arrested (Jack Gerritsen) is notorious around here. Make sure and scroll down and read the press releases that came out yesterday and take a look at the services this guy was jamming. What an idiot.

http://www.wa6twf.com/Enforcement.htm

Hello All:

It wouldn't suprise me if the 435 guys go to viste poor ol Jack and take his picture while behind bars. And put it on the 435 web sites.

And the beat goes on, never a dull min on the 435 Zoo channel.

Jay in the Mojave

It's about time.Someone on another forum said that Jack was sick and needed help.I suggested a twelve step program.........twelve steps up to the gallows. :p I wonder why Jerry did not post this first. :twisted:

Gerritsen

It might be a good thing that he was arrested before somebody got fed up, jerked him outta his house and slapped the crap out of him. If it were a repeater I was entrusted with, it would be awwwwfully tempting! ;)

CWM

Well, the FCC has no arrest powers. What happened here is that he was indicted by a Federal grand jury, a warrant for his arrest was issued, and the FBI arrested him and turned him over to the Federal Marshals. His bond is set at $250,000. I am unsure about Federal bonds, but state bonds here only require posting 10 percent to get out of jail. He may make bond if the Feds have the same bail/bond laws. He won't be back on the air too quickly, though.. they siezed all his radios.

And a side note: he IS mentally ill (crazy). He already spent 30 or so months behind bars for a prior interference conviction. He started again a short time after he was released. Most people would not want to pay another visit to the slammer. He's a sociopath, like Chas Manson is a sociopath. There's NO treatment that works and it's NOT an excuse. He just doesn't care about any of this.

They seized all his radios last time he got arrested a few years ago and actually did some time. He has outstanding fines from the FCC of over $50,000. He just got new radios, antennas and went right back on the air after he got out. This time the feds went after him for jamming a MARS event. I suspect he's going to be behind bars a little longer this time.

We will have to see if he makes bail. Another forum mssg said that he has to make the entire $250,000 bail to get out of jail, but that doesn't sound right to me and I'm checking with the local Feds Monday.

Nooooooooooooooo!

Let 'em stay put! He jammed everything from hams to police to
MARS and ongoing rescue efforts. He's got what he deserved.

CWM :D

people like him.....
we do not need on anyones frequency's...

let us hope.....he stays locked up for a bit..
and when he does get out...
it is made imposible for him to return to his practices..

Later

Well, he's out on bond now. has a tracking unit on his ankle, is on house arrest, can't mess with radios (all his equipment was siexed when he was arrested)

We will see how long it takes him to get on the air again....

EDUK8TR said:
bandaid kid said:
Well, he's out on bond now. has a tracking unit on his ankle, is on house arrest, can't mess with radios (all his equipment was siexed when he was arrested)

We will see how long it takes him to get on the air again....

Maybe he'll figure out how to make the tracking unit into a transmitter and interfere with LoJack. :LOL:

The thing he's wearing IS a transmitter! i don't know if the thing transmits continously or if it goes on when it recieves a signal to transmit. But he'll figure something out, I'd bet

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.