• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

Field Day This Weekend ...... and no threads here .... lol

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
I will be participating in the yearly "emergency preparedness contest" some as I always do. Operating from home - no way going out anywhere in this heat wave. But staying off the ridiculously packed 40 & 20. Going to stay on 10 and 6 only and focusing on 6.

HomerBB

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Rogers, Ar
I intend to use field day to work out my QRP portable setup. Virtually the only time there are enough stations across the bands willing to make quick contacts with portable QRP stations. Also, field day tends to run off the sit around and listen to themselves rattle guys (boring...).

Reactions: Blackcat630

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I always find it interesting how many times 10 meters suddenly is open on Field Day and just the day before you'd loose your voice calling CQ with not a single response.
sad its only used for head count. i cant see much in contesting.people used to VISIT or CHAT and make friends,not anymore .
but thats my opinion
calling same thing over n over all day be boring id think unless you got that repeat no reply this is CHARLY ROGER FOUR CQ CQ on 28.425 tiying the call spot up. it isnt his full call sign but close nuff if you used .425 trying to see whats out there

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
I don't do ANY form of Contesting or NETS so I will also be on 12 & 17 Meters this weekend.Some say that Field Day is not a Contest but if not then why do they keep score? So happy my Mosley is a Five Band Yagi so it includes the WARC Bands.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW
oh you old meanie lol same views here

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
I will be located SE Indiana in grid EM79/private space location(y)

FD: actually done "in-field" always has challenges, always learning; this is true, and I have been thru 20+ FD operations.
It's much more difficult IMHO, when only 1-2 people operate and do all the set-up/ tear down. Takes effort/skill.
We will have maybe 3-400 q's tops, (we collect states/grids)
Again, MHO no junk set-up normally gets close to that with single op + logger during some hours.
(My personal best was many years ago 1100+ Q's) (early 90's sun cycle)
All Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:

Woody-202

Sep 5, 2018
Field Day has morphed into many variants from it's original days, and seems to be more of a contesting event in many areas (example: a club in this area is trying to ensure that all hf rigs are the same model, to eliminate the learning curve of someone moving to another table and having to figure out a different radio, thus keeping them in contention for the most points). Other groups are closer to the concept of learning how to setup radios and antennas with an emergency power source (battery, gas powered generator, solar panels, etc.), but whatever you're doing on Field Day, have fun doing it!

Reactions: BJ radionut

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Morning. Feeling pretty good, thanks. Field Day this weekend? Fabulous!
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Field Day this weekend(y):ROFLMAO:
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ BJ radionut:
    ButtFuzz: Good Morning. Feeling pretty good (y) :) :) :) :)
  • @ BJ radionut:
    6m open to 5 Land from Indiana....hope it goes wide open FD