• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

first post wanting to sell something

B

BOOTY MONSTER

ive noticed a lot of folks seem to join just to sell something . does that make anyone else feel more cautious about dealing with them ? i see some equipment sometimes that im tempted to pull the trigger on but i keep getting a feeling that if they cant sell to their friends or forums they normaly go to (if any) why do they suddenly show up here to sell/dump it .

am i just paranoid , or the only one ?

Cautious, hell, I won't deal with 'em.

How many have come here like that never to be heard from again?

Some forums require people to be members for 3 months and have X amount of posts.
Maybe the Moderators should employ this as well.

Also, a list of sellers that have two or more unresolved disputes. I don't know; it's just a thought - that's all...
Some kind of protocol should be in place.

Remember what happened between pumphouse and freecell? I think that issue still hasn't been resolved amicably. That shouldn't be allowed to happen. What else can be done to keep it honest and reliable?
I dunno...

Nothing will stop determined rip-offs.

Used to be a blacklist, it included the guy that started this place.:eek:

He's the reason we have CDX numbers.:blink:

You just have to protect yourself.

USPS MO's are one way, Paypal is another.

Trust nobody, save all records of the transaction including PM's and screenshots.

CYA is something to live by, even if you think you can trust the individual at the time, thieves love to steal from a distant victim.

i more or less feel along those lines 74 but i didnt want to be that blunt , just wondering how others felt .
wasnt trying to change anything here but i do know different forums do things differently rob .
ive only bought one thing from a forum member and it was someone here and i had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS . but some else got something from the same person and they had.....issues .
thanks guys :)

I also agree there should be some level of restrictions / participation-attainment before being allowed to sell. Myself, I would not buy from a first time poster like this.

interview.gif

This is why I go strictly PayPal, I know a lot of people think it's a rip-off, but it does provide "some" level of security when dealing with the unknown seller....

I agree that some sort of protocol should be put into place to keep the fly-by-night junk sellers from clogging up the classified listings. I have listed an item or two, and within one day my listing is off of page #1 because of a number of other listings placed immediately after it, and many of those by posters with less than 10 posts that I've never seen participate in any discussion here. No doubt any type of protective policy is an added hassle to the administrators of this forum, but it's something that should be looked into to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

I've seen the same issue arise on surfing chat forums that support a "Buy / Trade / Sell" forum, where scumbags join under different screen names and e-mail addresses so they can post stolen surfboards for sale.....

I agree with everybody that have posted.
The idea to use USPS and a USPS money order is also a good one. So is the idea of PayPal.

So, restricting new members from selling anything unless they have 50 posts and three months time on the forum are also good ideas. I know that the 'Quack Shack' requires this. They also have a feedback column for both the buyer and seller and must submit a feedback response. Additionally, they also insist upon a communication of PM's and statements made of the item for sale thread. I bought a Texas Star 350DX amp and that is what I had to do. I think that it worked out fine. They also had a protocol for the seller to post pictures, statement of electrical condition rating from 1-10 - and also rating the physical condition from 1-10. The item ad must then be approved by the moderators, and is also monitored until the sale is complete and all feedback is in place. Then, they lock the thread as complete.

Seems like a lot for the moderators to do. But since this site is also selling things frm a shop, this may be the best thing to do. This isn't eBay or the Quack Shack; but it wouldn't hurt to make it work like that to a degree. Making it harder for slimy dealers who have wiggled their way in and deal garbage of an outright scam. Using/borrowing ideas from other sites makes it more conductive for deals to happen. It will also increase sales and boost seller/buyer confidence - which is really the bottom line.

Sure, you will always have somebody who will try to take advantage of the system - but with NOTHING in the way of protection and accounting in place, it makes it too easy for slimy dealers too take advantage of WWRF memebers.

Last edited:
I was looking at the same thing last week. I don't want it to turn into something that becomes a hassle to moderate, but I don't want to see people get taken, either. We have to be careful about the restrictions we place also because some large forums like QRZ don't place restrictions on the number of posts. Of course, the difference there is that you have to use your callsign.

Anyway, let's keep an eye on it and see if it becomes a problem. BTW, the Freecell & Pumphouse thing was for a transaction that did not occur on this site...they brought the drama here. There's nothing that we can do about that.

For my two cents.

I love the fact that this forum is not a FLEE MARKET!

Consider channeling such behavior to one section that is a simple 'Craig's List' sort format.

I am a new member and i have a few things to sell and/or trade. I havent listed any of them here because that isnt the reason im here. Im here to learn about my hobby which is radio. Im greedy which is why im here to learn from you all that are more knowledgeable in a subject than i am. Yes, i want your knowledge. In turn i will share mine. Want to know about dipoles? I know a bit. Mostly my forte. I collect things that glow, i can talk into(mostly d104), and things that glow and are spelled browning. I,m over 50 and have semi trucks. Yep, i am into radio, antennas, and ALL the bands. I,ll be here awhile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.