• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Footwarmer

datsun66

Apr 10, 2005
Lewistown, Montana
has anyone herd of an amp called a Footwarmer?. It has 2 30KD6 tubes, no transformer, looks as that is the way it was build. It is green with load and tune in front with meter and switches as follows.
on/off,hi/low, op/ stby, rec/off.
No fan on the inside.
bob.

i had a footwarmer III had 3 30kd6 tubes .yes transformerless.i lost mine in a lightning strike .darn thing was mint.be very carefull with it .i hear the chassis can run hott and get you if your not carefull.they are a little rare but they are out there .

thats got a transformer in it....

see the square black thing in the corner of the chassis??

THATS the transformer....

are you by chance the guy in oley pa that has an identical amp on ebay?

thats got a transformer in it....

see the square black thing in the corner of the chassis??

THATS the transformer....

are you by chance the guy in oley pa that has an identical amp on ebay?

There seem to be two different pieces of equipment in those photos. The one with the blue face, with "Footwarmer" on it would seem to be an amplifier. The other pictures are of some old tabletop multiband radio, and it does indeed have a transformer. There aren't any pictures of the "Footwarmer" with the cover off - at least none that I saw.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.