• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Foul language and you

GLR

Keeping It Good Natured
Oct 9, 2007
Are we allowed to use curse words on this forum?

I know I have in the past and I'm certainly not alone, even seen some people of power doing it but now I'm seeing a lot of posts being edited because of some four letter words. Don't want to get in trouble so thought I would ask.

thanks

well i think as long as we dont do it, just to do it?

that is one thing i have never been able to decide what and when it is ok or not ok on an ADULT forum?

If this was a forum for Barney and Friends, well then most likely no.

if we thought it was a big problem, we would use the word censor option, just never thought it was an issue,

do i need to knock on wood now LOL

Fair question...
Is it necessary to make a point? Do kids read this forum? Should it be used to belittle another forum member?
Since the political section is for the thick-skinned and kids cannot see it, is it still correct to belittle a forum member in order to make one's point?

Most forums have a policy against profanity. Sure, most of us guys sit around in our caves/shack and drink beer and belch/f@rt. Some of the forum area isn't seen by the public. The real question is: how well can one express themselves before it becomes necessary to dive into alternate words and terms?

why do we have to cuss on here ? its just a forum . i get frustrated sometimes , i try to use a substute that still gets the intent across , but i do sometimes forget to filter myself to . LOL

Gee wiz, what's the problem for goodness sake! I just say what the heck I want to say, who gives a flying fandango what anybody else thinks? If you don't like it, go jump in the lake, you ding dongs!
Sorry if that was offensive, I just had to get it off of my chest.

i've never seen an edited post due to certain words. i do know of a forum where the word POOP will be edited and substituted for #### in your post. pretty sad if you ask me.

i've never seen an edited post due to certain words.

There are several out there. I don't want this to be about any admin/mod in particular so I don't think it would be helpful to post the links.

There are several out there. I don't want this to be about any admin/mod in particular so I don't think it would be helpful to post the links.

Please do, am I one of the offenders? I cannot remember things hours apart from each other LOL

i've never seen an edited post due to certain words. i do know of a forum where the word POOP will be edited and substituted for #### in your post. pretty sad if you ask me.

Everybody poops, or shits as the case may be LOL

Please do, am I one of the offenders? I cannot remember things hours apart from each other LOL

No, you are one of the highly entertaining foul language users and should use the phrase "fuck you" more often, in my opinion.

Oh and if you want a recent example of language editing, here you go:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/station-mobile-pics/36190-dual-mr-coily-enforcer-comp-setup-3.html#post168320

a few examples of that thread

Didn't want it to come down to direct examples but as you wish.

No, you are one of the highly entertaining foul language users and should use the phrase "fuck you" more often, in my opinion.

Oh and if you want a recent example of language editing, here you go:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/station-mobile-pics/36190-dual-mr-coily-enforcer-comp-setup-3.html#post168320

a few examples of that thread

Didn't want it to come down to direct examples but as you wish.

Simple.
He directed that comment at another member.
Is that being over-zealous?
Or spot-on...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.