1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Found this

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by kaos513, Oct 4, 2020.

1. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

Any one know what I can do with this ?

Attached Files:

Robalo likes this.

2. guitar_199

guitar_199 Sr. Member

With a spectrum analyzer it can be used to help align IF strips and view filter characteristics....

3. Robalo

Robalo Well-Known Member

YOU CAN SEND IT TO ROBALO :D

4. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

It is a frequency generator.

5. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Head to Puerto Rico and fix that guys junk.
    Will keep you in Cuba Libres, long while.

undertaker likes this.
  6. Mark Malcomb

Mark Malcomb Well-Known Member

You can test a "Fuel Flow Fuel used" Indicator on A320 aircraft.

Attached Files:

Handy Andy likes this.
  7. guitar_199

guitar_199 Sr. Member

I came back in for my morning scan, and thought I would clarify my own answer a bit and I hope that it helps with further understanding.

That is a sweep generator. It is indeed a signal generator like any other in that it can generate a fairly wide range of frequencies.

What makes it a little different is that it has features built in that allow you to set a lower and upper frequency (or possibly a plus-or-minus range) on either SIDE of the center frequency... and it will sit there and constantly sweep from the lower freq to the upper freq and than "snap back" to the lower freq and start over all by itself.

What that is good for is feeding IN to an IF stage/transformer and then using a spectrum analyzer to look at the output of the transformer. What you will see on the SA is a curve that SHOWS you how the stage is filtering. If your SA is calibrated and has measurement built in, you can determine the center frequency AND see the shape of the skirts and where they are cutting frequency on each side.

Here is a link to a reference in Antique Radio Forums where they discuss the idea of aligning using a sweep generator.

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=134571

Also, here is a video from W2AEW of him doing some explaining and shows an alignment technique using an oscilloscope.