• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT-2800M

Master reset that radio or the CPU will not recognize the new change. Love my 2800 I havent modded mine at all yet either when Ill get bored I hit MODS DK

mods

i just purchased a new ft-2800m does any tech.s on here have any mod.s for this transceiver.?
if you press and hold buttons two allway to right andone right befor pwr and turn on this opens trans mit with out cuting its hidden menu.(y)

MURS is great 4 of us are on, 20 miles apart using Alinco, Maxon, and rat shack radios nice quiet fm..
DOCTOR/795

You must hold a few of the buttons down while powering the radio on to reset it and make the mod work. As far as the hidden menu I'm lost. They should have the buttons listed on the mod site.

Where are these buttons exactly located..better description please, and are these on what model ft2800 older or newer one's.

DOCTOR/795

Ok Doc I am thinking this is only the new ones it works on but what is considered new? I have no clue but this indeed worked on mine it transmitted on everything then I was like $h!+ do I have to master reset to put back to stock? I sure as hell didnt want to reprogram everything then I found I could reset the internal menu back to factory specs without losing everything Ill give the open TX mod then the reversal I used.

TX Mod FT-2800/M
Hold LOW+D/MR and then press the power on. On the screen you should see "A2" on the readout

(SET MODE RESETTING)

To reset the set (Menu) mode settings to there factory defaults, while leaving other settings unchanged

1. Turn off radio

2. Press and hold in the [REV(DW)], [LOW(A/N)] AND [D/MR(MW)] keys while turning the radio on The "SETRST" notion will appear on the display.

3. Press the [D/MR(MW)] key momentarily to reset the set (Menu) mode settings to their factory defaults (press anyother key to cancel the reset procedure).

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.