• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 Beacon TX Error

jcalbano

Jun 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
New to the FTM-350.
Just tring to follow the APRS manual for preparation.

Leaving the default Data Band Select at 1 APRS Sub Band and 2 Data Main Band it si not possible to get the the display shown on page 3.

Adjusting the Data Band Select to 1 APR L Band Fix and 2 Data R Band Fix the display can be obtained shown on page 3.

Receiving a APRS Beacon appears as shown in the manual, page 4 & 5.

Now the problem: on page 8: Manual or Automatic transmission gives a TX ERROR that appreas on the L-Band side of the display.

If anyone has had the same situation please reply to the post. I have reset the FTM-350.

If you have a different Band Select that works, that would be helpful information.

Advance thanks to all for any help or direction.

Tim Tucker writes:
<<The A12 only flashes if you have auto-beacon turned on. The common reason why it won't transmit a beacon is probably because you have the data/aprs modem assigned to the other VFO than the one you are trying to beacon on. I set my data/packet modem to always be on the right VFO so that I know to select that one when trying to transmit APRS packets. >>

TX Error **Solved **

I installed the new software update....the problem was not on the list but the APRS and DATA assignment now matches the APRS Manual.

Also, Beacon will not transmit if GPS is not set up properly. I have the Internal GPS. Inside the house, must set to manual...in the car must set it to GPS.

Beacon TX

I had the issue you are describing with the Beacon TX-error after I did the FW update...but what was going on was that I had a GPS fix and I was trying to send a beacon to test the set up...when you do this manually, you have to ensure that you have selected the 'side' of the FTM-350 that is set on the APRS frequency. Switching sides solved it for me.

Last edited:
Also, Beacon will not transmit if GPS is not set up properly. I have the Internal GPS. Inside the house, must set to manual...in the car must set it to GPS.

That's correct...if you have the beacon set to use the GPS, it needs a GPS signal to know where it's at. If it can't get one, you have to tell the radio your location so it can include that in the beacon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated