• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 99V NPC mod questions

If the Galaxy is tuned right, there will not be any need for the SP1-A , but it does help a little on SSB, on AM, you can get a squel REAL quick! Use a Roadking on that radio and it will compliment that radio very nice!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

If the Galaxy is tuned right, there will not be any need for the SP1-A , but it does help a little on SSB, on AM, you can get a squel REAL quick! Use a Roadking on that radio and it will compliment that radio very nice!

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

Ok, I've read every post on this forum related to the Galaxy DX 99V...lol

I would just like to get a couple things clarified before I attempt this mod. My radio is due to arrive on Thursday, so I don't have it in hand to verify the components yet (hence my apprehension).

I've read the following mod (which was the same as posted here) for GALAXY EPT 3600-14b and clones

www.panther-electronics.c...d+upgrades

Question 1: Is the Galaxy 99V a "EPT 3600-14b" board?

Question 2: Are these directions in fact 100% accurate for my Galaxy 99V?

Question 3: What is this "mirror board" and do I have one?

Question 4: Will this mod give me full PEP power on swing, and carrier based on my variable power on the front panel? Can I set it to 1.5 watts carrier on the front panel, and acheive ~40 watts swing?

Question 5: I've read a lot about radio's sounding awful if the resistor-diode part of the modification is skipped (i guess that's like "volting" it). How bad is it really? Is any "loudness" lost by doing this part of the mod?

Question 6: Resistor value: The link above states to use a 100 ohm resistor. I've read about a couple different values being used. Is 100 Ohm what I need for a Galaxy 99v?

And finally...

Question 7: Does the SP1-A speech processor fit well with this NPC modification? Anyone have any experience using both?

Whew, lots of questions, sorry.

Appreciate any help you can give me,

Pac

</p>

Ok, I've read every post on this forum related to the Galaxy DX 99V...lol

I would just like to get a couple things clarified before I attempt this mod. My radio is due to arrive on Thursday, so I don't have it in hand to verify the components yet (hence my apprehension).

I've read the following mod (which was the same as posted here) for GALAXY EPT 3600-14b and clones

www.panther-electronics.c...d+upgrades

Question 1: Is the Galaxy 99V a "EPT 3600-14b" board?

Question 2: Are these directions in fact 100% accurate for my Galaxy 99V?

Question 3: What is this "mirror board" and do I have one?

Question 4: Will this mod give me full PEP power on swing, and carrier based on my variable power on the front panel? Can I set it to 1.5 watts carrier on the front panel, and acheive ~40 watts swing?

Question 5: I've read a lot about radio's sounding awful if the resistor-diode part of the modification is skipped (i guess that's like "volting" it). How bad is it really? Is any "loudness" lost by doing this part of the mod?

Question 6: Resistor value: The link above states to use a 100 ohm resistor. I've read about a couple different values being used. Is 100 Ohm what I need for a Galaxy 99v?

And finally...

Question 7: Does the SP1-A speech processor fit well with this NPC modification? Anyone have any experience using both?

Whew, lots of questions, sorry.

Appreciate any help you can give me,

Pac

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.