• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

GE Super Base DC power cord

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I've been snooping around on the internet looking for a part # for this cord or a plug to make my own so I can try my radio on DC power but haven't hit the right spot yet. Anyone have info on this cord or plug? Thanks in advance !

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hi There,
I am wondering if the same cord that goes into the GE-3-5825B would work. I would call Kens Electronics. He has a LOT of cords.
This is for the 5825B from his site:
CEA-CBH2C with 4A fuse fits Colt 485, 1200; GE 3-5817A, 3-5825B, 3-5826A SSB CB's

Woody-202

Sep 5, 2018
Hi There,
I am wondering if the same cord that goes into the GE-3-5825B would work. I would call Kens Electronics. He has a LOT of cords.
This is for the 5825B from his site:
CEA-CBH2C with 4A fuse fits Colt 485, 1200; GE 3-5817A, 3-5825B, 3-5826A SSB CB's
Yes, same cord.

Reactions: whiteastro

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I would call Kens Electronics.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to call him but where is his shop so I know where to start searching. Or do you have his phone # to share. I'm sure GE used that cord on more than 1 item but trying to call GE would probably be useless because it is too far back for them to have records. But thanks for a place to start!

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
OK I found Ken's in Michigan, and even had it bookmarked but forgot, so I'm good to go ! and Thanks Again.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
  • @ kb9ghn:
    My first thought was the i.r.s. may be interested in a long term money making scam without proper taxes being paid..probably more than electronics involved.
  • @ Toll_Free:
    My first thought was why hasn't someone paid him a visit. I mean, his address is posted above.
  • @ beakster1715:
    Good news! I opened an appeal case after eBay sided with superhawkwss6. I also opened an IC3 case & sent that information to eBay. Within an hour they responded, reversed their decision and returned all of my money. Unfortunately, superhawkwss6 stole my CB radio and eBay will likely not suspend or close his account, but rather allow him to continue his criminal activity. I think I'll still file a report with our sheriff's dept (the sheriff is a friend of mine) though I know this type of crime isn't worth their time. This guy needs to be stopped and I'm certainly going to do my best to make that happen.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Evening!