• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General class lics study guide ?....

What did you all study from to get your General ticket ?...
Think Id enjoy the Ham world more if Id get my General ticket....thanks...

I read and studied the ARRL Book and also practiced taking the tests available at QRZ and eham. Once I was averaging scores in the upper 80's and lower 90's consistently on multiple tests from both sites I then felt confident enough to take the test(s).

Hope this helps!!(y)

Wayne C.

What did you all study from to get your General ticket ?...
Think Id enjoy the Ham world more if Id get my General ticket....thanks...

I used Hamtestonline.com, studied for a week and then took the test. No problems at all. Started studying for the Extra but got busy.

For me it was worth the money, it does just keep hitting you with the questions but it also allows you to look up the info on the subject and explains it as well.

I used Hamtestonline.com, studied for a week and then took the test. No problems at all. Started studying for the Extra but got busy.

For me it was worth the money, it does just keep hitting you with the questions but it also allows you to look up the info on the subject and explains it as well.

This is exactly what I did too and feel its the way to go.It operates in a way that it keeps throwing you the questions you need work on and constantly updates itself.For me,it sure simplified the whole thing.Kind of a smart program with memory.Studied for 1 week,took the tech.Studied the next week and took the general.Passed both in the high 90's.Good luck.

radioexam.org

word for word on test, not preferred method but it will help you to know what sections to study for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.