• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gizmotchy anyone ?

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
trying to find someone that uses or has used or knows some one that uses Gizmotchy antennas. they have been around for EEEEons but i never hear anybody saying they use them. looking for performance compairisons to other antennas. or anyone with experiance with them.

Grumpy uses one and is also a dealer. I believe they are coming out with some VHF antennas also. I think if I heard right Gizmotchy bought into Maco.

yup Gizmotchy did buy Maco. & yup bigred222 it's a cb base beam antenna thats been around for a long time. i just never hear anybody with them. they share the same design as the Jogunn star series but with more realistic gain figures. i was woundring how they work vertical ground waving. Dx i am not to concerned about because when conditions are right you can talk around the world with a wire dipole, you here a million guys dxin using antrons and Imaxes. but back to the Gizmotchy you never see them up or hear anybody saying they use them strange for an antenna thats been around for ever. price seems fair for the spec's and the fact that you can start with them as a 3 element and add on up to making it a 12 element seems like a big plus too. will a 4 element Gizmotchy perform as well as a 4 element shooting star maco.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.