• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Gooserider amp

Very possible for a very short time.... 18+VDC, hitting it with about 50 watts, driving it into meltdown.....A 1X4 is usually good for @400 at normal drive and volts though.

@20 volts
Key.
Scream Worldwide for ten seconds.
Un key, and roll down windows to let smoke out.
Replace transistors.
Repeat.
They should just clamp the 2 hg's in so you don't have to waste time taking out the screws after each key.
Some guy will buy this for a daily driver amp In his Toyota and moan that it won't do the wztts.

Jeff

@20 volts
Key.
Scream Worldwide for ten seconds.
Un key, and roll down windows to let smoke out.
Replace transistors.
Repeat.
They should just clamp the 2 hg's in so you don't have to waste time taking out the screws after each key.
Some guy will buy this for a daily driver amp In his Toyota and moan that it won't do the wztts.

Jeff
I found this way too funny.....and accurate.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

500W from 2x2879? God bless America!

I might have used a different word between "God" and "America". :whistle::ROFLMAO:

Change America to Canada while you're at it.

Yeah that went sideways. My thinking was "God damn America. 500 watts from a pair of 2879s WTF?!" It was counter to Mikes post not to simply put down the country. I can see how that could have been taken wrong. Sometimes thoughts are not conveyed well.

Reactions: Slowmover and Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.