• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ham Test Online = General Ticket

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
I got my ticket March 13th. I picked up an ARRL General Study guide, and used the QRZ practice exams the next week. I really was having trouble, passing NONE of the practice exams.

Monday I signed up for Ham Test Online General Study guide. It was close to the price of the ARRL book, plus it's a money back if you fail package. You also have access for 2 years.

I really liked the function that saves your progress, and keeps asking the problem questions. You also get an explanation of why your choice was right or wrong on each question.

After you finish the study pool, you can choose from the practice exams. You can take it purely random, random actual tests, and the best feature, an exam with your problem questions.

I went from lost to educated in one week. After a week of 8 hour plus studying, I aced my General yesterday.

I got my Tech 7 weeks ago, and never dreamed I would pass General in less than a year, much left 7 weeks.

I will definitely sign up for their Extra software when I decide to go that route.

I rate their software a 10.

Ham Test Online is great !

I used Ham Test Online and passed the Technician exam last Saturday.

I plan to start the General coarse next week.

Hello everyone, first post.

I signed up for Hamtestonline,, passed the first practice tests I took, (I had thought of going ham 25+ years ago, CW was a problem,,) so I took my Tech test last week and passed. I had about 2 hrs on HTonline and decided to take the General,, missed by 2,, retook the test,, and missed again. I have studied online, and plan to take the general next month. I do like the site,, it does seem to work well. I started to take the "weak areas" tests, and it does help. I do go back and take full tests, just to make sure I retain all I have learned.

Tom
KB3UKK

one of these days ill get cracking on my extra, been to long between tests so i have no motivation.

ham test online

I used ham test online to study for my Extra exam. I missed four questions. Worth the money spent.

I registered for Ham Testonline on May 20th, I studied through to May 26th and I passed both the Tech and General tonight in one session. I can vouch for the fact that the Ham Testonline tuturing works. I should have my call sign next week. I studied hard for 6 days and it paid off.

I registered for Ham Testonline on May 20th, I studied through to May 26th and I passed both the Tech and General tonight in one session. I can vouch for the fact that the Ham Testonline tuturing works. I should have my call sign next week. I studied hard for 6 days and it paid off.

Congrats! Welcome aboard

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.