• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hardly any speaker volume

Bluecat

Sep 22, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have an older galaxy 55v and it has hardly any speaker volume. If I plug an external speaker up I can't hardly hear anything driving down the road. I have to be stopped without the motor running to understand what people are saying. The speaker in the radio is even worse. Thanks in advance.

SIX-SHOOTER

Oct 2, 2010
Macclenny,Fla.
There should be an amplifier stage for the output to the speaker & External speaker & PA jacks & it appears it is failing or some part of that circuit is or has failed.Any Technician should be able to repair it I would think.Could be the pot in the volume knob as well.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: 357magnum

357magnum

Feb 25, 2014
Coventry RI
Check the cold solder joint('s) @ the point of spkr/extspkr ( that part of board ) happen to me on a Uniden . Then again could just be my :censored: luck .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Of course the 1st day it is nice outside and I go plop the true Rod Of God for 20m on the mobile, All I hear is a couple of yokels talking about bowel movements. What's the 6m calling freq? 50.125?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    The true Rod of God.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    6m calling freq? 50.125? (y) (y) (y) :cool:
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good Morning!