1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with connecting a Heathkit SB-200 to an RCI 2995

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Brownings4Me, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Brownings4Me

Brownings4Me Guest

Hey folks, I need some help with connecting a Heathkit SB-200 to a RCI-2995. I have been told that I needed coupler so I bought one but there is no way to hook it up to the RCI It has no ALC can anyone help? Thanks. You Can E-mail me at woodboat1@aol.com

</p>

2. Brownings4Me

Brownings4Me Guest

Hey folks, I need some help with connecting a Heathkit SB-200 to a RCI-2995. I have been told that I needed coupler so I bought one but there is no way to hook it up to the RCI It has no ALC can anyone help? Thanks. You Can E-mail me at woodboat1@aol.com

</p>

3. Richard Baker

Richard Baker New Member

Have u had any luck.im in the same boat as u

red97k1500 likes this.
  4. OldTech03

OldTech03 Sr. Member

You don't really need the ALC line it's nice to have but not necessary you simply need a way for the radio you use 2995 could be modified with an internal relay that would allow you to engage the relay on the SP 200. I have set these up many times a simple foot switch can work or relay circuit inside the 2995 can be installed. There is more than one way to skin this cat.

Unit 194 likes this.
  5. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

and hey who knows!
    maybe the guest from 16 years ago will answer him! LOL
    LC

Unit 194 and tecnicoloco like this.
  6. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

A foot switch has been the last resort for this.

Or, installing a relay inside the radio, and using a 'spare' RCA jack on the rear panel of the radio will do the job. Only need a patch cord from there to the amplifier's relay socket.

Don't connect an accessory relay directly to the mike socket. Bad juju. Will usually assassinate the radio's computer.

The one we use:

http://www.nomadradio.com/OldNomadWebPages/KBinstall/index.htm

It is triggered by the radio's transmit-only 8-Volt DC source, not the mike socket.

Not such a big trick to build your own.

[​IMG]

Unit 194 and loosecannon like this.