• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with FT-857D

N2JBO

Mar 4, 2009
How do I get the radio to go above 33 MHz ?

I have all my HF frequencies programmed in, but I turn the Select knob and it goes from 0.000 - 33.000 and then back to 0.000

This has me baffled.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Thank you all for the replies.

I was just tired and could not see straight, I found the correct buttons.

All is well. I am thoroughly enjoying my NEW RIG.

73 de Dave - N2JBO "Just Being Obnoxious"(y)

The 857d is a good rig, but navigating through all the features with so few buttons can be a little confusing. I still sometimes have that problem with my 897d (it's big brother) if I haven't used it for a while.

My FT-857D won't power up

The 857d is a good rig, but navigating through all the features with so few buttons can be a little confusing. I still sometimes have that problem with my 897d (it's big brother) if I haven't used it for a while.

I was using the rig just a little while ago. I had it powered up and tried to UNLOCK the head and reposition the mike cable to the bottom instead of the
side of the radio. The radio just shut down. I checked the 2 fuses on the power cord, okay, the LDG Z-100 tuner and the LDG FT-Meter still work.
But the radio will not power up ?

Help, thanks in advance,

Dave

I would check the brass tabs behind the face of the 857, sounds like one may have got bent?

Let us know

What I mean is the contact points where the face connects to the radio, sorry.

Try connecting the seperation cable to the face and see if that lets it turn on?

I checked all the contact points on the connecting cable.
Everything looks fine. I never removed the head completely,
So, the contacts were never inteupted. I tried reversing the cable,
check each connector under a magnifying glass, not a problem.

I have the radio hooked up to an Astron SS-25 and that is working fine.

But, the radio will not power up.

As long as the short cable is plugged securly into the head and the radio it should turn on. I have bumped mine before while it was remote mounted and it would stay powered up even with the head dangling by the cable. One thing I had happen to me and was a pain to find was the fuse holders. The radio would occasionally go dead and not power up until I wiggled the cable where the fuse holders are.It seems that heat builds up and weakens the connection. I resoldered the connections and all was well after that. Just something to look into.

As long as the short cable is plugged securly into the head and the radio it should turn on. I have bumped mine before while it was remote mounted and it would stay powered up even with the head dangling by the cable. One thing I had happen to me and was a pain to find was the fuse holders. The radio would occasionally go dead and not power up until I wiggled the cable where the fuse holders are.It seems that heat builds up and weakens the connection. I resoldered the connections and all was well after that. Just something to look into.

Thank you very much.
I tried what you suggested and it works fine now.

"You the Man"

Best of 73 de Dave - N2JBO "Just Being Obnoxious"

I use the ft-857d the last 3-4 years. I love it. Wish I Yaesu create a new small size all band all modes TX/RX with SDR as FTDX-10.
Sorry for the intervention does anybody knows how to solve a problem with my ft-857d? The main rig dial does not work on AM/FM mode in all bands. It operates naturally in SSB, CW, Digital.
I truly believe there is a function that turned off the main dial.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated