• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Help with my Phantom 10 tuber

T

txranger225

I started my Phantom 10 tuber one morning and heard some arching on the back side where the group of 4 tubes are. I looked inside and i could see one of the tubes connected to the group of 6 tubes was very bright then it dimmed out and off. at this point i could not key any watts on the high side. the low side seemed to be working just fine. i shut it down and replaced the bad tube, checked the other 9 tubes which all seem to be ok. turned the amp back on and the low side works just fine but the high side only keys about 35 to 50 watts. i looked at the bottom of the amp and dont seem to find any burned parts. i unsaudered the diodes all the little black diodes with the grey stripe on one side and all seem to be ok. i see contnuity going one way an all the diodes.....

anyone know what else i can check?

any help is apprecieated........or anyone willing to trade your good phantom 12 tuber for my 10 tuber please contact me asap...hehehehe.......texasranger225@yahoo.com

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=txranger225>txranger225</A> at: 1/7/04 10:33 am

is it not doing anything on high? itf it is, but not much, you may either have low tubes or the transformer is weak. Im not sure, but it dont sound like much.

cdx401sig.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.