• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Home power supply for linear amp - ever used one of these type?

cfsimm2004

Mar 5, 2011
I can say I have ran a Powermax pm4-100lk on 4 stage mode hooked to a Neptune nt12-200 200AH gel deep cycle battery and the setup runs great. The most I hit it with was a 12 pill but it held it great. I have nothing but good things to say about the Powermax stuff. I also hear great things about megawatt.
I have a powermax 100 amp and want to know what voltage I should set it for and should I buy a big battery to run with it or can I use it by itself directly with the radio. The radio is a RCI2970N3 which is 300+ watts so I guess about the same as a 4 pill amp.

Greg T

945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
I have a powermax 100 amp and want to know what voltage I should set it for and should I buy a big battery to run with it or can I use it by itself directly with the radio. The radio is a RCI2970N3 which is 300+ watts so I guess about the same as a 4 pill amp.
Your 100A is plenty. I run my stuff right around 14.4 to 14.5v

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Roadstar:
    good morning to all and Happy Thanksgiving to all:giggle:
  • dxBot:
    Greg T has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    solar storm report
  • @ k3zl:
    I am installing a G5RV and wanted to know if there is a way to enhance prior to installation.