1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

How to contact RCI Ranger for warranty...

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Mudfoot, Mar 16, 2013.

1. enamelcamel2

enamelcamel2 Member

so what is the name and address of the place

2. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

Radio Shop Supply look it up I also have the phone # let me know if you need it let me know.

3. enamelcamel2

enamelcamel2 Member

I called that Radio Shop Supply and they no longer are a RCI warranty repair shop, and I was talking with one of the tech there , told me they sold off all of their RCI parts to Barkett elec. Thanks for your help, it wasn't a total lost I did find out a lot of info from their tech....
    again thanks

4. kaos513

kaos513 Sr. Member

I saw a youtube video where a customer bought a new rci and said the warranty dept was sold to a company

5. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

I've seen that too, Radios Shack to Sprint, but Warranty if any - is sold to a third party.

This may signal a trend; to provide support for legacy products that the factory no longer will support or provide any further service - has to be to a licensed third party that able to recoup the costs from providing that service.

6. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

7. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

Glad I could help you out it’s a shame because they were very good repair center I’ve used them 4 or 5 Times with very good results

8. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

I think something most people don't realize about most export brands is that there isn't a building someplace in the USA with 20 people working there who handle sales, marketing, design, etc. They aren't like a regular business. There are just a couple of people running them and mostly they are just a "brand" as the distributors and stores handle sales and a single repair center handles warranties, so the actual company really is just a name.

If you hit the Galaxy website these days you can see that they don't have anyone really doing marketing on the website etc. It's desperately in need of an update.

9. TheRealPorkchop

TheRealPorkchop Certified Sith Pimp

That’s the truth, it’s outdated for sure. And what you said there explains General Lee, Connex and several other names that there seems to be no parent company to or website or anything for that matter.

10. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

From what I understand after having a long conversation with Sam Lewis Before his passing God bless him he gets radio shops like a CB shop to do some of his repairs all over the country with the magnum radios I’m sure ranger RCI does the same thing I had very good luck with radio shop supply so I sure am going to miss them and my regular guy that I was using got in some kind of trouble so I’m not sure whether he is doing any work or he hired someone else to do his work so I’m not comfortable sending him a radio.

11. Tucker442

Tucker442 101E

I’m afraid to send anything to H and R because you never know when you’re going to get it back I’ve heard horror stories about six months to a year, I’ve had very good luck with the place in Tennessee and a place in Ontario California so I guess they would be my choice at this time

12. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Yeah - the radio shop in Ontario California is the choice for many of the "brands" for warranty work. I've dealt with them twice on warranty repairs and they were nice to work with.

13. jon666

jon666 Sr. Member

ill second that. they do good work.

14. Eldorado828

Eldorado828 8-2-8 in the Lonestar State

An old thread but believe it or not the guys at Palomar electronics (Palomar/Magnum/rf limited/ whatever other name I don't remember) are handling all of the ranger tech and warranty services now. I learned back around may and was pretty shocked myself. I know all of the distributor orders for ranger for radios and accessories are going through them as well. I hope their inconsistencies don't trickle into the rci products or we'll be like oh hey a new product and then the next minute it's discontinued.... Anyhow I just wanted to share that with ranger owners, and the info came from reliable sources that have proven to be true so far.

15. Peanut Whistle

Emailing that address bounces back faster than a rubber ball