1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

I got a new hobby

Discussion in 'Announcements & Open Forum' started by Mudfoot, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

Got the air gun bug, bad. Always enjoyed shooting my BB guns as a kid. Starting to research and buy some new hunting and plinking rifles and pistols. Pretty fun stuff, plus cheap to shoot.

Eastside likes this.

2. Robb

Robb Yup

Local guy around here (WR-270) sits in his shack at night, listens/talks on the radio, smokes a cigar, and waits for rats to go to the peanut butter he puts on the top post of his fence. Racks up quite a score.

Lil'Yeshua and Mudfoot like this.
  3. FatHam

FatHam Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'll tip one of the "scrapper" boys off to your post. Rob/KK6GUN is on a whole other level with airguns. Modified Crossmans, homebrews, etc... charged with scuba tanks. Power and range similar to a .22lr with no noise. You hear "click" and a prairie dog is doing cartwheels 100yds down range. I believe it's .25 cal stuff and cost was surprisingly low.

I watched him clean up a pest problem for a cattle rancher one afternoon on a piece of the ranch close to a skittish neighbor's house. He surgically dispatched everything within 100yds, hardly even changing position. Problem solved with absolutely no noise using about a bucks worth of pellets & bottled air.

I'm sure he'll have some interesting links to turn you on to.

kk6gun and Mudfoot like this.
  4. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Maybe he wouldn't have the rats if stopped putting out the peanut butter. :LOL:

Mongoose and kk6gun like this.
  5. kk6gun

kk6gun Member

I will have to find or take some more pictures.

I use a .25 Benjamin marauder on 3200 psi with modified valve, hammer/hammer spring and air stripper. Shoots 26 grn pellets just over 900 fps very accurately with the " quiet/accurate tune" 43 grain d ellets at 870fps on full power.

There's some crosman2250 pistols I modified with steel breaches, bigger vaelves anchored thru the action. One is converted for scuba air too.

My home brew was a crosman pump pistol I made pump/ or pre charged for a while and now it runs exclusively on 2k feed from a mounted 4500 psi paintball tank. I get so Many shots I only take the tank to be filled at the local paintball store 3 times a year.

The compressed air "Pcp" guns are great if you live near somewhere to fill you up, otherwise its an expensive hand pump, lots of exercise and servicing the o rings in a crazy 3200 psi pump.

I will find some pix later.

6. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

I used to have a Crossman BB/.177 cal pump up target pistol decades ago. Pretty accurate gun if I pumped it up more than was required. It had only a single shot capability. Pretty handy for dispatching unwelcome pesky varmints.
    http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/1377C

7. Lil'Yeshua

Lil'Yeshua .......

8. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I very interested in the PCP rifles. I live 2 blocks from the fire dept and can fill up with their compressor and cascade tanks. That was first thing I thought of when I noticed those particular guns. I used to dive, but haven't been in water for a few years and I no longer have any equipment. I'm just starting out with basic guns until I have more time to research what's out there. It sure is fun. We have vermin around our grain silo, but the cats don't want me competing on their turf.

Lil'Yeshua likes this.
  9. C2

C2 Sr. Member

temporary set back. that's not real. i don't believe it.

out here, these bb guns are more loathed than scatterguns. i made the mistake of buying the ruger 1550 fps pellet gun. it's too loud with the sonic boom, it sounds just like a 22lr. it's nice with a scope and works fine. i'm too scared to take it out of the box, so it's sat for its life locked behind concrete and steel with all the rest. i've already forgotten the combo - there is no need for it anyway anymore. this is the sound of an American dying.

10. C2

C2 Sr. Member

where the freak do you live? FD around here even thinks you have that thing within a thousand yards and DHS will be on you with the T label. you'd disappear.

11. Robb

Robb Yup

Nah; he has a creek on the other side of that fence. He gets rats; can't avoid it. These rats are big'uns too; not shrimpy things.

Eastside likes this.
  12. C2

C2 Sr. Member

If this is the west side location, then I think I know what kind of creek you're talking about. They produce an endless supply of vermin...

13. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I used to live near a creek that frequently flooded up close to my barn. All the rats would come up near the house. My neighbors (old crotchety lesbian couple) would shoot at them with a .22 revolver. Cops couldn't do anything as our area was cutoff by high water.

14. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

Train em to retrieve.

wavrider likes this.
  15. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

My boy wants this gun.

Eastside likes this.